SILVER SPRING, Md., March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sunpeaks Ventures, Inc. (OTCBB: SNPK) (PINKSHEETS: SNPK) (the "Company" or "Sunpeaks Ventures") is pleased to provide this corporate update detailing the Company's business strategy.
Sunpeaks Ventures, through the recent acquisition of its wholly owned subsidiary Healthcare Distribution Specialists ("HDS"), has entered the specialty drug distribution sector. The U.S. pharmaceutical distribution sector is approximately a $300 billion dollar marketplace. Within this industry, the three largest drug wholesalers distribute more than 85% of all prescription medication in the United States. The remaining 15% represents a $45 billion distribution market for specialty pharmaceuticals. HDS's strategic goal is to become a significant player in this highly fractured secondary wholesale market.
"The hard-to-find and specialty drug sector is rapidly growing and HDS is positioned to become a potential leader in the secondary wholesale market," stated Mr. Mackie Barch, President and CEO of Sunpeaks Ventures. "With the addition of a veteran sales team, led by Matthew Swift, HDS has the industry experience and know how to gain market share quickly. If HDS only captures 0.1% of the market, we are looking at potential revenue in excess $45 million from the pharmaceutical distribution business alone. Based on the performance of Mr. Swift's teams in the past, we believe that we can do significantly better than that given our diversified business and investments in high-tech IT infrastructure. The opportunity that lies ahead of us is enormous."
In addition to the distribution business, the Company also owns and markets Clotamin®, the world's first specialized over-the-counter multivitamin product designed exclusively for use by patients on Warfarin® or other blood thinners. The wellbeing and lifestyle of patients prescribed these popular drugs are often compromised by their long list of known adverse drug and food interactions. Clotamin has been specifically developed and formulated to control and reduce these adverse interactions. There are over 32 million prescriptions written each year for Warfarin, which equates to millions of potential Clotamin users in the U.S. alone.
Mr. Barch went on to state, "Both myself and other members of my family have been affected by blood clots and have taken blood thinner medications, so our first hand experience has been a major driver in getting Clotamin to market. Warfarin is one of the most commonly prescribed medications in the world and the people using it do not have many options to supplement their already heavily restricted diet. We see an enormous market opportunity for Clotamin and other engineered OTC drugs that focus on various specific disease states. With only modest market penetration rate, we could realize significant revenue and profits."
About Sunpeaks Ventures, Inc.
Sunpeaks Ventures, Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiary Healthcare Distribution Specialists, LLC ("HDS"), is a nationally focused, value-added distributor of specialty drugs and over-the-counter ("OTC") branded multivitamins to the healthcare provider market. HDS also owns and markets Clotamin®, a specialized over-the-counter multivitamin product designed exclusively for use by patients also on Warfarin®, a popular blood thinner that has a long list of known adverse drug and food interactions.
For additional information, please visit www.sunpeaksventures.com.
Contact: Financial Insights 888-248-8491 or [email protected]
Safe Harbor Statement
Information in this document constitute forward-looking statements or statements which may be deemed or construed to be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words "forecast", "anticipate", "estimate", "project", "intend", "expect", "should", "believe", and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve, and are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which could cause Sunpeaks Ventures' actual results, performance (financial or operating) or achievements to differ from the future results, performance (financial or operating) or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks, uncertainties and other factors are more fully discussed in Sunpeaks Ventures' filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements attributable to Sunpeaks Ventures herein are expressly qualified in their entirety by the above-mentioned cautionary statement. Sunpeaks Ventures disclaims any obligation to update forward-looking statements contained in this estimate, except as may be required by law.
SOURCE Sunpeaks Ventures, Inc.