WASHINGTON, May 14, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- For the third year running, Super Lawyers named all the principal attorneys of The Employment Law Group® law firm to its list of the nation's best lawyers.
Super Lawyers further honored R. Scott Oswald, the firm's managing principal, by ranking him as one of the Top 100 lawyers in Washington, D.C., an accolade he shares with well-known litigators such as former U.S. solicitors general Theodore Olson and Paul Clement.
Super Lawyers is an independent rating service that recognizes lawyers "who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement." Its rigorous multistage process includes review by a blue-ribbon panel of attorneys in each practice area, plus an in-depth examination of client outcomes, professional honors, and community engagement.
After tallying the points awarded at each stage, Super Lawyers names the top achievers to its annual lists. A maximum of five percent of practicing attorneys are designated as "Super Lawyers;" a far smaller number of up-and-comers are dubbed "Rising Stars." The very highest point-getters in each market join the "Top 100" list.
On the rating service's honor roll for 2015 are:
- R. Scott Oswald (Managing Principal). Mr. Oswald has brought nearly 50 trials to verdict and has recovered more than $90 million in judgments and settlements for his clients. He is a graduate of The Trial Lawyers College and a past president of the Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association (MWELA).
- Adam Augustine Carter (Principal). A seasoned courtroom attorney, negotiator, and problem solver, Mr. Carter speaks frequently on legal strategy before groups such as the National Employment Lawyers Association.
- Nicholas Woodfield (Principal). Mr. Woodfield has tried more than 50 cases, recovering millions of dollars for his clients; Washingtonian magazine recently named him to its Top Lawyers list. He is president of the Virginia Employment Lawyers Association.
- David Scher (Principal). A specialist in qui tam, whistleblower, and discrimination claims, Mr. Scher has won important victories including a $57 million False Claims Act settlement. He appears frequently in the national media as an expert on employment law.
- J. Thomas (Tom) Harrington (Principal). Super Lawyers named Mr. Harrington as a 2015 "Rising Star" for the second consecutive year. He works with clients who suffer workplace discrimination and retaliation.
Super Lawyers also featured Subhashini Bollini, of counsel at The Employment Law Group, as a Rising Star for the third year in a row. Ms. Bollini represents clients in discrimination, retaliation, and whistleblower claims. She serves as vice president of MWELA.
"This across-the-board recognition of our firm's leadership is a thrilling endorsement from our peers," said Mr. Oswald. "We value their respect immensely—and we'll work to keep it by sticking to our mission: Being champions for our clients."
About The Employment Law Group
The Employment Law Group® law firm represents whistleblowers and others who stand up to wrongdoing by employers. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm takes cases nationwide.
More information about The Employment Law Group and its attorneys is available at http://www.EmploymentLawGroup.com.
SOURCE The Employment Law Group(R) Law Firm