FRANKFURT, Germany, July 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing exhibits its latest high performance computing solutions at ISC 2015 this week in Frankfurt Germany. Headlining Supermicro's latest offerings for the HPC community is its new 1U 4x GPU SuperServer (SYS-1028GQ-TR/-TRT) which maximizes performance and density through pioneering non-preheat GPU architecture and PCIe direct connect (no extension cables or re-drivers) for lowest latency. The space optimized design of this system accommodates dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processors (up to 145W), up to 1TB ECC DDR4 2133MHz in 16x DIMMs, quad double-width GPU/Xeon Phi co-processors (up to 300W) plus 2x additional PCI-E 3.0 x8 low-profile slots, 2x 2.5" front-facing hot-swap SATA3 HDD/SSDs, 2x 2.5" internal SATA3 HDD/SSDs, dual port 10GbE LAN and redundant 2000W Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) digital power supplies. This system is ideal for oil and gas exploration, medical image processing, and many other research and scientific applications such as computational fluid dynamics and astrophysics.
Supermicro exhibits also include its 2U TwinPro²™ and 7U SuperBlade featuring Mellanox EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand delivering the high bandwidth, extreme low latency and scalability needed to support HPC, Web2.0, and cloud applications. Also on display are the 4U FatTwin™ featuring the industry's highest density 8x 3.5" hot-swap HDDs per U, high-density, high-performance 6U MicroBlade in 28-node Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 and E3-1200 v3/v4 configurations, 2U TwinPro™ dual-node system supporting dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 and 6x 3.5" hot-swap drive bays per node (up to 4x NVMe + 2x SAS3 or 6x SAS3) and 4U 720TB 90x 3.5" top-load, hot-swap JBOD with redundant SAS3 12Gb/s expanders.
"Supermicro's latest generation of HPC solutions lead the industry in performance, density, bandwidth and value with continuous design innovation in non-preheat GPU system architecture, NVMe U.2 storage technology and integration of leading edge interconnect technologies such as EDR 100Gb/s IB," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our total solutions in TwinPro, FatTwin, SuperBlade, MicroBlade and SuperStorage combine best-in-class design and technologies to provide the HPC community with best performance and accelerated TTM to reach their goals on time and under budget."
Supermicro Product Exhibits @ ISC 2015
- 1U 4x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-1028GQ-TR/-TRT) – supports 4x GPU accelerators with innovative non-preheat GPU architecture, dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB DDR4 2133MHz ECC LRDIMM, 2 hot-swap and 2 static 2.5" drive bays, 2x PCI-E 3.0 (x8) LP slots, and intelligent, cold redundant 2000W Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) digital power supplies
- 2U TwinPro²™ (SYS-2028TP-HC0FR) – 4x hot-plug nodes each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 145W), up to 1TB ECC LRDIMM, 512GB ECC RDIMM, up to 2133MHz; 16x DIMMs, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) Low-profile slot, 1x "0 slot" (x16), dual port Mellanox® ConnectX®-4 Virtual Protocol Interconnect® EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand w/QSFP connector, dual port GbE LAN, integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM and dedicated LAN, 6x 2.5" hot-swap SAS/SATA HDD Bays, SAS3 12Gb/s controller (8 ports) RAID 0, 1, 10, Mini-mSATA (half size) support, 2000W redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) digital power supplies
- 7U SuperBlade – advantages include maximum density, affordability, reduced management costs, lower power consumption, optimal ROI, and high scalability. Blades support latest Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 and are available in DatacenterBlade® (SBI-7428R-C3N, SBI-7428R-T3N), TwinBlade® (SBI-7228R-T2F/-T2F2/-T2X), 2-GPU/Xeon Phi™ Blade (SBI-7128RG-X/-F/-F2) and StorageBlade with NVMe support (SBI-7128R-C6N) solutions. Chassis feature industry's only hot-swap NVMe solutions, hot-plug switches featuring latest Mellanox® EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand and FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand, FC/FCoE, Layer 2/3 1/10 GbE, redundant chassis management module (CMM) and redundant 3200W/3000W/2500W/1620W (N+N or N+1), hot-swap Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) digital power supplies
- 2U TwinPro™ (SYS-6028TP-DNCFR) – 2x hot-plug nodes each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 145W), up to 1TB ECC LRDIMM, 512GB ECC RDIMM, up to 2133MHz in16x DIMMs, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16), 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x8), single port IB (FDR, 56Gbps) w/QSFP connector, dual port GbE LAN, Integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM and dedicated LAN, 6x 3.5" hot-swap drive bays (up to 4x NVMe + 2x SAS3 or 6x SAS3 12Gb/s) RAID 0, 1, 10, 1600W redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) digital power supplies
- 4U FatTwin™ (SYS-F628R3-RTB+) 8x 3.5" hot-swap HDDs per U – 4-nodes each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 145W), up to 1TB ECC DDR4 2133MHz in 16x DIMMs, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) low-profile, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x8) micro low-profile, 2x GbE ports, integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM and dedicated LAN port, 6x+2x 3.5" hot-swap SATA3 HDD bays, 2x 80mm 11k RPM middle fans, 1280W redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (95%) digital power supplies
- 3U/6U MicroBlade – a powerful, flexible, all-in-one total system features industry-leading energy efficiency and density – 0.05U (Atom C2000), 0.1U (Xeon-D), 0.2U (Xeon E5-2600 v3, Xeon E3-1200 v4/v3). The MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate 1 Chassis Management Module, and up to 2x 25/10/2.5/1GbE SDN switches in 3U or up to 2 Chassis Management Modules, and up to 4 SDN Switches in 6U for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It can incorporate up to 4 or 8 redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%/95%) power supplies with cooling fans. This innovative new generation architecture includes servers, networking, storage, and unified remote management for cloud computing, dedicated hosting, web front end, content delivery, social networking, enterprises, and high performance computing applications.
- MBI-6128R-T2/-T2X – performance oriented solution with highest density up to 196 Intel® Xeon® DP nodes (5488) cores) per 42U rack with 95% cable reduction – supports dual Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 14 cores) with 1GbE and 10GbE options. It is perfect for enterprise as well as cloud computing applications.
- MBI-6218G-T41X, MBI-6118G-T41X – high density, low power solution featuring 56/28 Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1500 (Broadwell-DE) based servers in 6U (up to 392 computing nodes per 42U rack) or 28/14 servers in 3U with 10GbE. It is a cost effective solution for scale-out cloud workloads.
- MBI-6118D-T2H/-T4H – supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v4, this UP MicroBlade stands second to none in its class. Features include Power Efficiency with 14nm technology, improved performance, coherency and balance of CPU and GPU Graphics via package interconnect shared L3 Cache and 128MB Graphic embedded cache. A simpler CPU subset and Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics P6300 in an interconnect package enable key technologies for the best server performance per watt per flop with great graphics emphasis.
- MBI-6118D-T2/-T4 – high-density, single-socket server solution supporting Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3 (up to 82W TDP). Up to 196 Denlow UP nodes per 42U rack and 99% cable reduction. Optimized for Cloud based Web hosting, VDI, gaming and virtualized workstations.
- MBI-6418A-T7H/-T5H – ultra low power & cost-effective solution using 8-Core Intel® Atom™ Processor C2000, with up to 112 nodes in 6U (up to 784 computing nodes per 42U rack) enclosure. It is a perfect solution for such cloud applications as dedicated hosting, Web serving, memory caching, content delivery, etc.
- 4U 90x 3.5" top-load, hot-swap HDD/SSD SAS3 12Gb/s JBOD (CSE-946ED-R2KJBOD) – The tool-less design features dual hot-swappable expander modules for high-availability, 4x Mini SAS HD ports per module, and redundant 1000W (2+2) Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) digital power supplies
Visit Supermicro at ISC 2015 in Frankfurt, Germany, July 13th through the 16th at the Messe Frankfurt Hall 3, Booth #1130. For more information on Supermicro's complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.