MENLO PARK, Calif., March 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SurDoc™ Corporation (www.surdoc.com) – a leader in cloud document and storage technology, today announced the general availability of its SurDoc online document management portal. The service goes beyond typical cloud storage by enabling users to view, share, edit and sign documents via the use of a web browser connected to any device, be it a PC, Mac, laptop, smart phone or tablet, without the use of an app, plugin or software.
In the past, users have had to go to multiple locations for this type of functionality. SurDoc provides all of these features in one location. The SurDoc platform delivers open document sharing capability through the use of Unstructured Operation Markup Language (UOML) technology, an Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) global document-processing standard. It is the first complete solution on the market, as SurDoc combines the ease of downloading and sharing documents with the power of manipulating and signing documents in the cloud. In addition, SurDoc's high fidelity online sharing ensures that documents have the same look and feel, regardless of the device used. The uniqueness of the platform is made possible by SurDoc's patented server and storage technology.
Key benefits of the service include:
- Provides ability to access documents online without having to download an app, plugin or additional software.
- Delivers High Fidelity online sharing - documents have a consistent look and feel regardless of the device used.
- Enables users to manipulate data inside the cloud - users can access, share, edit and sign documents, creating a true paperless environment.
- Results in time and money savings – users can have all their important documents with them at all times without having to carry hard copies or bulky files.
SurDoc is available via two service offerings.
- 10GB Free Plan provides users 10GB of free online storage. Other features include: ability to back up, view, share, edit and sign documents, unlimited number of computers can be backed up to one account, unlimited file size for documents, 2GB storage for non-documents (includes audio and video files), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with AES-128 bit encryption to ensure data security, and RAID-5 configured servers and offline backup to provide self-managed redundant replication for protection against disc failure.
- 100GB Premium Plan provides users 100GB of online storage. Other features include: ability to back up, view, share, edit and sign documents, unlimited number of computers can be backed up to one account, unlimited file size for document and non-documents, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with AES-128 bit encryption to ensure data security, and RAID-5 configured servers and offline backup to provide self-managed redundant replication for protection against disc failure. The 100GB Premium Plan is priced at $9.99/year.
"More Internet users are accessing the Internet through mobile devices than through any other means," noted Suzanne Duris, Director of Marketing for SurDoc. "As employees continue to become more mobile, they increasingly need solutions to be able to access, share, edit and sign documents in remote, non-office locations. By providing a complete file management solution, SurDoc allows workers to be productive anytime or anyplace."
In addition, SurDoc has made it more convenient for users to upload files into their SurDoc account by adding a web upload feature which literally allows users to "drag and drop" files into their SurDoc account.
About SurDoc Corp.
SurDoc is a startup that launched in Menlo Park, CA in December 2011 to redefine backup, sharing and manipulation of documents in the cloud. Based on the OASIS UOML standard, SurDoc goes beyond cloud storage by enabling text and image data from virtually any source (word processing, spreadsheets, PDFs, presentations and more) to be viewed, shared, annotated and digitally signed using most web browsers on any device (desktop, laptop, smart phone, tablet, etc.) without having to download an app. SurDoc offers 10GB of free storage to its users, which can be upgraded to 100GB, and is a pioneer in standardizing shared document management data. SurDoc is built on a mature technology supported by more than 100 patents, issued and pending. For more information, contact SurDoc at www.surdoc.com.
SOURCE SurDoc Corp.