READING, England, Feb. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- To help mobile operators deliver an intuitive and compelling user experience across a diverse range of devices, SurfKitchen today announced that its market leading SurfKit Mobile Internet Platform is now available as a fully managed service. The new SurfKitchen White Label App Store enables mobile operators and their partners to quickly and easily deploy a complete end-to-end mobile application store across a diverse range of feature and smartphone platforms, including Android, Blackberry RIM, Symbian and Microsoft Windows Mobile 7. By providing the scalability, cross-platform support, reliability and integration required to optimize the delivery and consumption of mobile Internet services and applications, the new release helps operators quickly and easily increase mobile data revenues and enhance customer loyalty.
The SurfKitchen White Label App Store builds on the proven and robust SurfKit Storefront technology that is used by global tier one mobile operators such as Orange Group and Telstra to overcome the discoverability, usability and fulfillment challenges typically associated with the delivery of mobile Internet applications and services. As a complete end-to-end service that includes a sophisticated application storefront, pre-integrated application catalogue, application launcher and carrier-class mobile server, the new managed service offering delivers rapid time to market for operators by reducing the risk and resources involved in building the required IT infrastructure and developer relations that are needed for a successful application store offering.
"Optimizing the delivery and consumption of mobile Internet services and applications is an extremely complex and time consuming process," said Michel Quazza, chief executive officer, SurfKitchen. "Faced with increasing competition from OEM applications stores, operators need to be able to streamline this process and by delivering a complete end-to-end mobile application store as a managed service offering, we are able to leverage our vast experience to dramatically simplify it. This is an extremely powerful proposition as it allows operators to increase mobile data revenues and customer loyalty by achieving rapid time to market across an unrivalled range of handsets."
Carrier Class Scalability, Integration and Reliability
- The SurfKitchen White Label App Store provides the scalability, cross-platform support, reliability and integration required to optimize the delivery and consumption of mobile Internet services and applications.
- To help operators provide a diverse and compelling range of mobile Internet applications and services, the SurfKitchen White Label App Store supports native applications and services as well as Wholesale Applications Community (WAC) 1.0 and 1.1 Widgets.
- The main components of the new fully managed end-to-end mobile application store are:
- SurfKit Storefront Client – An application store that allows users to easily discover, preview and purchase mobile applications and Internet services by providing a rich, customizable on-device retail environment.
- SurfKit Launcher – A single location for launching mobile applications and Internet services that helps operators meet consumer demand for quick and easy access to their chosen applications and services.
- SurfKit Mobile Server - A carrier-grade mobile server that provides mobile operators with a comprehensive set of management tools for managing the delivery of mobile applications. SurfKit Mobile Server is available as a fully managed SaaS implementation and integrates into existing operator systems such as billing and customer service.
- SurfKit Mediation – An advanced reporting platform that tracks consumer interactions with mobile applications and services to deliver insightful user analytics that operators can use to optimize the delivery of existing and future offerings.
- SurfKit Storefront Web/WAP site – A ubiquitous browser based store that allows consumers to preview and purchase games, music, video and pictures, ring tones and other types of downloadable content on a broad range of devices.
- SurfKit Home – A home screen widget for the SurfKit Storefront client that encourages discoverability and increased purchasing behavior by enabling operators to promote top selling applications directly to the home screen.
For additional information including technical details on the new SurfKitchen White Label App Store, please visit www.surfkitchen.com
SurfKitchen is uniquely focused on providing mobile operators and their partners with the ability to deliver the optimum mobile user experience for mobile Internet applications and services. Optimizing the mobile user experience allows mobile operators to build brand loyalty, reduce customer churn and drive the uptake of mobile Internet applications and services, resulting in increased mobile data ARPU.
SurfKitchen provides a Mobile Internet Platform that delivers a personalized, compelling and intuitive on device experience for subscribers to discover, acquire and use the broadest catalogue of mobile internet applications and services on the widest range of smart phones and feature phones including Symbian Series 60, Microsoft Mobile 5&6, Java J2ME MIDP2, BREW 3.1.5, RIM BlackBerry and Android platforms.
SurfKitchen's solutions have been deployed by major operators throughout the world including Orange Group, Telstra, Telefonica Moviles Espana, Maxis, Cincinnati Bell Wireless and ALJAWAL (Saudi Telecom). For more information, visit: http://www.surfkitchen.com.
RSS Feed to SurfKitchen Press Releases: http://www.surfkitchen.com/press-centre/press-releases/rss_2.0
Follow SurfKitchen on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SurfKitchen
Company and product names may be trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.