BOULDER, Colo., Nov. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Kindara, a company devoted to giving women the tools they need to take ownership of their reproductive health and meet their fertility goals, released new survey data findings that prove Americans' sex lives are negatively impacted by this year's election.
Key survey findings include:
- Sex trumps debates – 67% of women who identify as Republicans responded that having sex was a higher priority than watching the debates. The sentiment was significantly lower for Democrats (50%).
- Voters Turnout or Turned on – 45% of the women identifying as Republicans said they are most looking forward to having sex, compared to voting, on Election Day (compared to 25% of Democrats).
- Election dysfunction – Democrats seem to be the most affected by campaign negativity with 19% of respondents indicating a negative impact on their sex lives (compared to 9% of Republicans).
- Sleeping with the enemy – Democrats appear to be more open to having relationships with someone outside of their political party. 33% of Democrats reported their partner had a different political affiliation, versus 16% of Republicans.
- A thrusting economy – 21% of women surveyed report good economic news positively impacting their sex lives, similarly bad economic news negatively affected the sex lives of 18% of those surveyed.
- Baby bust – Overall, 4% of respondents said they would delay becoming pregnant because of the results of the election. Amongst the group of women that would delay a pregnancy, 56% were Democrats and 18% were Republicans.
Survey Data Compilation - 928 women who identified as US Citizens agreed to take a survey measuring their political affiliation and sexual histories during the 2016 presidential campaign. The survey was conducted from 10/21/16-10/31/16, and users were recruited through the social community of Kindara's fertility app.
Kindara is a company devoted to giving women the tools, knowledge, and support to understand how their fertility works, take ownership of their reproductive health, and meet their fertility goals. Founded by a husband-and-wife team, Kindara is committed to designing exceptional products that improve women's lives.
Kindara's first product, the much-loved Kindara Fertility App for iPhone and Android, has helped over one million women get pregnant faster, avoid pregnancy naturally, and better understand their bodies. For more information, please visit www.kindara.com.