FARGO, N.D., May 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- It takes guts to take control of your health, especially when it comes to choosing the right vitamins and supplements for optimal health. Swanson Health Products – a leading online retailer of vitamins, minerals and supplements – is making it easier for people to take control of their overall health with a new, advanced line of probiotic supplements that offer customized benefits.
The Swanson probiotic line focuses on a variety of health benefits based on consumer needs including: digestive health, immune health, colon health and flora support among others. Each variety offers billions of colony forming units (CFUs) ranging from an everyday dose of one billion CFUs to a high potency dose of 66 billion CFUs.
Probiotics are widely known as the "good" bacteria that promote gut health and comfortable digestion while helping to break down food and turn it into usable energy for the rest of your body. While probiotics are found naturally in fermented foods like yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut and kimchi, a probiotic supplement provides the support needed to make an impact and is a simple and convenient way to be incorporated into a daily health routine. As customers look to improve their digestive and immune health, the $2 billion probiotic category is expected to see continued growth.1
"As a growing number of people of all ages are experiencing the positive benefits of probiotic supplements, they are looking for a probiotic tailored to their individual wellness plans," said Katie Doyle, chief executive officer of Swanson Health Products. "That's why we are launching a new line of 14 probiotics with clear and customized benefits on each bottle – empowering customers to take control and select the exact probiotic to meet their health needs."
With online shopping continuing to grow, SwansonVitamins.com is a trusted destination for vitamins, minerals and supplements. With roots as a catalog merchant, Swanson has nearly 50 years of experience providing the highest quality health products directly to consumers at an exceptional value.
Customized Probiotics to Meet Specific Health Needs
The innovative product line features 14 probiotic varieties spanning three categories, the line offers convenience, freshness and customized benefits for kids, women and older adults.
- Everyday Wellness Solutions: Recommended for daily probiotic users who are looking for a typical dose of CFUs to aid in general digestive and immune health, daily wellness and flora support.
- Specialty Blends: Intended to work harder for those who seek specific-benefits like colon health and immune support.
- Highest Performance: Higher potency with added health benefits, offering the highest dose of CFUs and the largest number of strains.
"We crafted each supplement to meet specific wellness goals. Each supplement variety features an advanced blend of probiotic strains backed by science, high CFUs and the high-quality ingredients Swanson is known for," said Shane Durkee, chief innovation officer of Swanson Health Products.
The new line is found exclusively online at SwansonVitamins.com/probiotics. Swanson guarantees the freshest product, with its probiotics shipped directly from a temperature-controlled warehouse, ensuring live probiotics in each capsule.
It Takes Guts to be a Healthier You
In celebration of the new line, Swanson is empowering people to take control of their health and shine a light on the wellness benefits of taking a daily probiotic supplement. Swanson is teaming up with registered dietitian, mom and balanced lifestyle expert, Kath Younger of Kath Eats Real Food, to share five simple steps for improving your health.
"As a dietitian and working mom, I want to use every method I can to stay in my best health," said Kath Younger, RD, blogger at KathEats.com. "I strive to eat a colorful, real food diet, get active every day, and take daily prebiotic and probiotic supplements to keep my digestive health in tip-top shape. By taking Swanson's Probiotic + D for Daily Wellness, I am proactively taking charge of my gut health."
5 Simple Steps to a Healthier You
Kath Younger shares her tips for becoming a healthier, happier you.
- Stock your fridge with your favorite healthy ingredients. You will be more likely to make good choices if you have easy access to healthy snacks and prepped meals. Consider overnight oatmeal for a grab-and-go breakfast, or rotisserie chicken to add to weekday salads. I also always have a kale salad on hand for mid-afternoon cravings.
- Take a probiotic. Overall health starts at your gut. I take a Swanson Probiotic daily for digestive health, which fuels my gut with good bacteria. With Swanson's broad range of probiotics, I found a variety that works to target my specific health needs, while also finding a variety formulated for kids, so my son is able to receive the benefits in a tasty chewable.
- Prioritize sleep. Being well-rested has a trickledown effect on the rest of your life. With a good night's sleep, you have energy to exercise, prepare healthy meals and manage the stress that life throws your way.
- Fill up on veggies. Try to eat at least a cup of vegetables for two of your three meals (or ideally, all of them!). Filling up on veggies is a great way to curb cravings and get essential nutrients. A few of my favorites include: a green smoothie or a veggie scramble for breakfast, a big salad for lunch and roasted vegetables for dinner.
- Customize your exercise routine. Find an exercise routine that you enjoy doing and that is customized to meet your health goals. When you find a routine that you are passionate about, it is much easier to incorporate into your lifestyle and stay on track with your fitness.
To join the conversation, follow us on social at Facebook.com/SwansonVitamins, Twitter.com/SwansonVitamins and Instagram.com/SwansonVitamins. All Swanson Probiotics are available online at SwansonVitamins.com/probiotics.
About Swanson Health Products
Swanson is a marketer of Swanson-branded and third-party-branded healthy living products. The company carries over 27,000 health and wellness products including vitamins, minerals, supplements, sports nutrition, natural food and beauty products. Headquartered in Fargo, N.D., with a new satellite corporate marketing office in Chicago, Ill., the company operates out of three modern distribution centers located across the United States. For more information, visit www.SwansonVitamins.com.
1 Mintel, 2016
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/swanson-health-products-empowers-people-to-take-control-of-their-health-with-new-advanced-line-of-probiotic-supplements-300456024.html
SOURCE Swanson Health Products