Synaptics Touchscreen and Display Driver IC Solutions Power Xiaomi's Latest Flagship Smartphones
Latest Deployment Demonstrates Continued Momentum in Chinese Market
Jun 17, 2015, 08:00 ET
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leader in human interface solutions, today announced that Xiaomi, one of the world's largest mobile manufacturers, has adopted the Synaptics® ClearPad® family of capacitive touchscreen solutions and its family of display driver integrated circuits (DDICs) for its latest smartphones, the Xiaomi Mi Note and Note Pro. By leveraging ClearPad for full in-cell display solutions and DDICs in discrete display implementations, Xiaomi is able to offer customers industry-leading touchscreen performance backed by brighter and sharper Full HD and Wide Quad HD (WQHD) displays.
These latest design wins demonstrate Synaptics' continued momentum in China and leadership in the broader global mobile market. Xiaomi's implementations of Synaptics' solutions is further validation of the strong trend toward touch and display integration being adopted by global OEMs.
"As one of the world's largest smartphone manufacturers, Xiaomi understands the Chinese market and has the ability to quickly respond to burgeoning trends and customer needs," said Kevin Barber, senior vice president and general manager, Smart Display Division (SDD), Synaptics. "As a leading innovator of touch and display solutions, we are excited to be partnering with Xiaomi to bring its latest flagship smartphones, the Mi Note and Note Pro to market."
ClearPad Key Features & Benefits (S3320):
- Ultra-thin Designs: Reduces display thickness by up to ~1mm
- Brighter Displays: Increases display brightness by up to 10 percent by eliminating sensor transmitters on the color filter glass
- Zero Display Noise: Performs touch sensing during display blanking periods enabling best-in-class noise mitigation and capacitive sensing performance
- Advanced Features: Provides optional features to OEMs including glove support, responsive performance under moisture and gesture input to wake up device from sleep to active mode
Smart Displays DDICs Key Features & Benefits (R63422/R63423):
- Local Area Auto Contrast Optimization (ACO): Allows for contrast control by region with support for 1 billion colors
- Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC): Combines brightness and image analytics to dynamically adjust backlight and gamma curve, optimizing between battery life and image quality
- Low Power: A deep standby mode reduces power for improved battery life
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Follow Synaptics on Twitter and LinkedIn, or visit synaptics.com.
Synaptics, ClearPad and the Synaptics logo are trademarks of Synaptics in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information, please contact:
David Hurd, Synaptics Incorporated
Text 100 Global Communications
SOURCE Synaptics Inc.
Share this article