SAN JOSE, Calif., March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced a new implementation of its fingerprint ID technology that is designed to enable rapid and secure transactions and reliable identification for gamers. Synaptics Natural ID™ module for gaming is a turnkey solution providing mouse and keyboard peripheral OEMs and ODMs the ability to quickly integrate fingerprint ID solutions into their product offerings, bringing the benefits of secure and convenient authentication to the desktop market.
With the adoption of biometric technology rapidly gaining traction among consumers, Synaptics' module targets the highly fragmented desktop and gaming peripherals market and is designed to integrate easily in gaming desktops through a keyboard chassis or under the natural resting place of a thumb on a mouse. As a value add for gamers, the Natural ID solution allows for secure purchases of in-game digital goods in the burgeoning free-to-play model for games. Additionally, it supports fingerprint security requirements defined by Windows 10 and is FIDO Ready™.
- Industry Leading Fingerprint Solution: Optimal usability with great security, giving gamers a fast and secure method to authenticate in-game purchases.
- Visual and Haptic Capabilities: Provides users with haptic vibrations and LED drive capabilities to signify fingerprint authentication.
- Turnkey Solution: Novel mounting mechanism for easy integration.
- Supports SPI or USB: For USB Hub or MCU integration.
- Windows 10 Certified and FIDO Ready: Supports fingerprint security requirements defined by Windows 10 and supports online authentication via FIDO 1.0 protocols."Synaptics recognizes the widespread need and surging demand for fingerprint authentication in every computing experience," said Godfrey Cheng, vice president of marketing, Human Interface Systems Division (HISD) for Synaptics. "The availability of Natural ID solutions for gaming will allow rapid implementation of biometric capabilities into the desktop market, offering consumers a wide choice of peripherals with the convenience and security of fingerprint authentication."
Availability The Natural ID module for gaming is currently sampling and will be available for mass production in Q2 2015.
Synaptics at GDC 2015 Synaptics will be speaking at the 2015 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco on Thursday, March 5 at 2:00pm PT in a session titled, Advancing the Gamer Interface - How Cutting Edge Technologies Will Change the Way We Game (room 2024, West Hall). Additionally, the company will demonstrate its gaming authentication solution as well as other concept prototypes for gaming at the 2015 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco on March 5 in a private meeting space located in the West Mezzanine, Room 266. Media are encouraged to contact Synaptics@text100.com to arrange on-site interviews.
About Synaptics Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Synaptics, TouchPad, ClearPad, ClickPad, ForcePad, SecurePad, ThinTouch, Natural ID, TypeGuard and the Synaptics logo are trademarks of Synaptics in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information, please contact: Ann Minooka, Synaptics Inc. 408-904-1673 Ann.Minooka@synaptics.com
Public Relations: Starlayne Meza, Text 100 Global Communications 415-593-8431 email@example.com
SOURCE Synaptics Inc.