SAN JOSE, Calif., March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leading developer of human interface solutions, today unveiled its next generation ForcePad™ solution for ultrathin notebook PCs and 2-in-1 tablet covers. Synaptics' ForcePad 5.0 solution delivers a new full function touchpad sensor technology that can be sub 1mm thick by using a new sensor technology that enables finger force detection with optional advanced haptic capabilities, delivering an uncompromised notebook design at 10mm or thinner.
Synaptics' ForcePad 5.0 goes beyond other ClickPad solutions by replacing the mechanical click mechanisms with more accurate and reliable solid state force sensors. Measuring at only one millimeter thick, ForcePad 5.0 is significantly thinner and lighter than previous generations, allowing leading OEMs to develop and construct ultra-thin and lighter notebook designs than they could with previous ClickPads.
ForcePad 5.0 Key Features:
- Capacitive Pressure Detection: ForcePad solutions detect the amount of pressure that the user's finger(s) exert on the touch surface, which can be used to control user interfaces or other PC features.
- Optional Advanced Haptics Capabilities: Delivers responsive feedback and an added dimension of control and usability for consumers.
- ClickEQ™ Click Anywhere Technology: Enables the accuracy and functionality of today's TouchPad technologies, meeting Windows 8.1 Modern TouchPad guidelines with image-sensing, full-time finger tracking and support for new Windows 7 and 8.1 gestures and will fully support Windows 10.
- Force-Enhanced Gesture Continuation: By varying the amount of pressure applied, users can now control the speed of a gesture operation and continue the motion after the gesture stops.
- Streamlined Design: With no hinges or button switches, ForcePad offers OEMs the opportunity to develop thinner and lighter devices, while allowing more space for multi-touch gestures.
- TypeGuard™: Eliminates false cursor movements and differentiates between a finger and a palm, helping users minimize unintended inputs.
"At Synaptics, we are delivering a great touch experience for the new wave of fan-less clamshell notebooks and 2-in-1 tablet covers with our new ForcePad technologies," said Godfrey Cheng, vice president of product marketing, Human Interface Systems Division for Synaptics. "ForcePad 5.0 is a great example of our continued innovation in the PC market and we look forward to bringing this solution to market with our OEM partners.
ForcePad 5.0 is currently shipping in pre-production quantities and is available on Intel's Developer Platform.
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Synaptics, TouchPad, ClearPad, ClickPad, ForcePad, SecurePad, ThinTouch, Natural ID, TypeGuard and the Synaptics logo are trademarks of Synaptics in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information, please contact:
Ann Minooka, Synaptics Inc.
Starlayne Meza, Text 100 Global Communications
SOURCE Synaptics Inc.