YOKNEAM, Israel and IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Syneron Medical Ltd. (Nasdaq: ELOS), www.syneron.com, the global leader in the medical aesthetic device marketplace, with two distinct brands, Syneron and Candela Corporation, www.candelalaser.com, announced today that the companies' cutting edge technologies will be highlighted in several presentations by leading physicians at the 2010 Joint Annual Meeting of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) and American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Aesthetic Surgery (ASCDAS).
"Syneron is delighted to have a significant presence at this prestigious meeting, and the breadth of information presented by physicians demonstrates our continued support and leadership in this field," said Louis P. Scafuri, Chief Executive Officer of Syneron. "Our company is driven by science and committed to delivering the exceptional service and results that have earned the trust of doctors and patients of our customers worldwide."
During the four-day meeting, the world's leading laser experts will feature the following Syneron and Candela products in presentations, as well as poster and discussion sessions:
- Syneron's eMatrix™ Sublative Rejuvenation™ is the world's first radio frequency (RF)-only technology for energy-based skin rejuvenation, producing significant dermal impact with minimal epidermal disruption. Sublative Rejuvenation has proven safety and efficacy in all skin types, including darker skin tones, making it a unique and revolutionary application for treating wrinkles, texture, tone and laxity, without skin color limitations.
- Sublative Rejuvenation with eMatrix will be the topic of discussion at a "Hot Topics" informational session, which will be presented by Amy Taub, M.D., on Thursday, October 21 from 7:00-9:00 PM (CT).
- Syneron's VelaShape II™ is the first system FDA cleared for circumferential and cellulite reduction, delivering visible results in as few as four treatments. VelaShape II is the leading non-invasive, effective and safe procedure to treat the abdomen, buttocks and thighs with no downtime.
- Candela's Alex TriVantage® is the total tattoo and pigmented lesion solution and an excellent way to enhance the results of many skin rejuvenation treatments. The Alex TriVantage treats a variety of tattoo colors from black, purple and blue through a broad range of greens, browns, yellow-oranges and reds.
- Candela's GentleMax® is an integrated treatment system for permanent hair reduction on all skin types and tanned skin, as well as treatment of vascular and pigmented lesions, wrinkle reduction and skin tightening. This ultimate workstation combines the treatment versatility of the GentleLASE® and GentleYAG® in a single platform.
- Candela's Vbeam® Perfecta is a must-have laser for any aesthetic practice. With its micro-pulse technology and Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD), Vbeam Perfecta treats vascular and pigmented lesions aggressively and without purpura, enhancing treatment outcomes and reducing patient downtime.
For more information on the companies' science and technology, as well as live demonstrations of a range of Syneron products, visit Booth 201 at the meeting.
About Syneron Medical Ltd.
Syneron Medical Ltd. -- a company devoted to technology, science and results -- is the leading global aesthetic device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. The Company's technology enables physicians to provide advanced solutions for a broad range of medical-aesthetic applications including body contouring, hair removal, wrinkle reduction, rejuvenation of the skin's appearance through the treatment of superficial benign vascular and pigmented lesions, and the treatment of acne, leg veins and cellulite. The Company sells its products under two distinct brands, Syneron and Candela. With its innovative approach to aesthetic treatments, Syneron has now entered into one of the largest in-demand applications, skin lightening. Founded in 2000, the corporate, R&D, and manufacturing headquarters for Syneron Medical Ltd. are located in Israel. Syneron also has R&D and manufacturing operations in the US. The company markets and services and supports its products in 86 countries. It has offices in North America, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, UK, Australia, China, Japan, and Hong Kong and distributors worldwide.
Additional information can be found at www.syneron.com.
SAFE HARBOR FOR FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
Any statements contained in this document regarding future expectations, beliefs, goals, plans or prospects constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Further, any statements that are not statements of historical fact (including statements containing "believes," "anticipates," "plans," "expects," "may," "will," "would," "intends," "estimates" and similar expressions) should also be considered to be forward-looking statements. There are a number of important factors that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements, including the risk that the businesses of Syneron and Candela may not be integrated successfully; the risk that the merger transaction with Candela may involve unexpected costs or unexpected liabilities; the risk that synergies from the merger transaction may not be fully realized or may take longer to realize than expected; the risk that disruptions from the merger transaction make it more difficult to maintain relationships with customers, employees, or suppliers; as well as the risks set forth in Syneron Medical Ltd.'s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F, and the other factors described in the filings that Syneron Medical Ltd. makes with the SEC from time to time. If one or more of these factors materialize, or if any underlying assumptions prove incorrect, Syneron Medical Ltd.'s actual results, performance or achievements may vary materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements.
In addition, the statements in this document reflect the expectations and beliefs of Syneron Medical Ltd. as of the date of this document. Syneron Medical Ltd. anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause its expectations and beliefs to change. However, while Syneron Medical Ltd. may elect to update these forward-looking statements publicly in the future, it specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. The forward-looking statements of Syneron Medical Ltd. do not reflect the potential impact of any future dispositions or strategic transactions that may be undertaken. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing Syneron Medical Ltd.'s views as of any date after the date of this document.
SOURCE Syneron Medical Ltd.