BELLEVUE, Wash., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Synology America Corp. today announced the launch of the public beta for DSM 4.2 - the latest advance in Synology's award-winning NAS operating system. The new DSM version brings improvements for both home and business users at no additional cost.
Synology's Quick Connect includes more apps than ever before. In addition to Cloud Station and DS file, Quick Connect has added support for DS audio, DS photo+, and the new DS cloud apps. This allows users to remotely connect apps through their DiskStation without the need to forward ports in their router.
Home and small to medium business users alike will find many improvements to appreciate:
- Quick Connect adds support for DS audio, DS photo+, and the new DS cloud apps for remote access with no need for port forwarding, simplifying remote access
- DS cloud is launched to allow iOS® users to sync files from their mobile device
- Package Center is revamped to organize applications
- Cloud Station 2 allows nearly unlimited accounts and folders for synching, and allows for files up to 10GB each
"With usability enhancements across the board, the DSM 4.2 beta has something for nearly everyone," said Jason Bonoan, Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp. "DSM 4.2 will show Synology continuing to add increased value for both new and existing users."
Home users will appreciate a variety of multimedia enhancements for both workstations and mobile devices:
- DS video is now available for iOS, Android™, and Windows® phones, and offers support for MKV subtitles
- DS photo+ can now be set to automatically sync photos from iOS devices
- Video Station's new player allows streaming video to a browser without the need for browser plugins
- Audio Station now supports streaming to Bluetooth® speakers
DSM 4.2 also includes a number of offerings catering specifically to business users:
- Synology High Availability (SHA) is now available on all x86-based models, allowing even smaller businesses to minimize the risk of downtime
- Support for Amazon's Glacier service for a more affordable backup to the cloud
For more information or to get started with the beta, please see here: http://www.synology.com/dsm/dsm4.2_beta.php?lang=us
Founded in April of 2000, Synology Inc. is a leader in next-generation Network Attached Storage (NAS) servers for the home and small to medium sized business markets. Specializing in both hardware and software for network attached storage devices, Synology products are feature-rich, easy-to-use, energy-efficient, reliable and affordable. All Synology product investments are enhanced with product warranties, free software upgrades and 24/7 online support. Visit http://www.synology.com for more information.
Synology has a global presence, with regional offices in the U.S. (Bellevue, Washington), and the U.K. (London, England), Germany (Düsseldorf), and Taiwan (Taipei).
Synology America Corp.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Synology Inc.