HUNT VALLEY, Md., May 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Systems Alliance, a software development and technology services firm providing strategic Web, IT and business consulting, today announced it has released Enhancement Pack 1 (EP1) for SiteExecutive® 2011, a software update for the company's flagship Web content management system (CMS). EP1 introduces a new Social Media module that streamlines integration with and consumption of content from Facebook and Twitter, along with updates to a number of other SiteExecutive modules and core CMS functions.
The new features and enhancements will be demonstrated during a live one-hour webinar from 1 to 2 pm ET on Thursday, May 19, 2011. Interested customers, marketers and Web professionals can register on the Systems Alliance website: http://www.systemsalliance.com/ep1.
Social Media Content Strategy
While there is strong demand for social marketing solutions, many organizations are still sorting out approaches for leveraging social content on their Websites. The SiteExecutive Social Media module addresses this challenge, providing marketers and Web managers with three user-friendly plug-ins for Twitter and five for Facebook, including:
- Tweet This button – pushes SiteExecutive content to Twitter
- Twitter Feeds – cyclically aggregates and updates Twitter feeds and provides mechanism for deleting unwanted tweets
- Live Streaming Twitter Feeds – aggregates and displays live Twitter feeds
- Facebook Like Button – Lets visitors "like" website content
- Facebook Like Box – Can apply to any page on a SiteExecutive website, displays Facebook profile pictures of people who have "liked" the specified page
- Facebook Recommendations – shows personalized page recommendations for website content
- Facebook Comments – personalized comments about website content
- Facebook "Facepile" – displays the Facebook profile pictures of people who have "liked" a Web page
To ensure effective integration with Facebook, the SiteExecutive Social Media module leverages the Open Graph protocol and established Facebook Social Plug-ins. Systems Alliance has taken a similar approach with its Twitter plug-ins, which leverage the Twitter API and approved Twitter practices for consuming and displaying Twitter content.
Updates Improving Site Visitor Engagement
EP1 includes a number of enhancements that will help create a more engaging site visitor experience. These include:
- Event registration tracking – a lightweight registration form builder has been added to the SiteExecutive Event Calendar module letting event managers track and limit the number of registrants for events.
- Blog Enhancements – The SiteExecutive Blog application has been re-skinned, reducing the effort required for styling and deploying blogs on SiteExecutive websites.
- Prebuilt profiles – new Web editing interface and pre-built templates for faculty and staff profiles speed the creation of online directories for colleges and universities
- Video Gallery Enhancements – the SiteExecutive video gallery now provides unlimited video retrieval from Vimeo and supports HTML 5 for uploaded videos
Accessibility, Usability and Core Enhancements
- Improving Accessibility Compliance – EP1 provides several enhancements which promote accessibility compliance, including the addition of new tag attributes and a modification to the SiteExecutive Form building module
- More intuitive content authoring – EP1 incorporates usability improvements, including editor modifications which enhance WYSIWYG functionality
- API and developer enhancements – Systems Alliance has released new APIs and core developer enhancements that ease and promote integration and development of custom modules and applications
Systems Alliance clients with current SiteExecutive maintenance contracts can download EP1 immediately from the SiteExecutive Support Center. Linux and Windows versions of the software have been released.
About SiteExecutive 2011 Web Content Management Software
SiteExecutive 2011 reduces the complexity, cost and effort of building highly effective, engaging Web properties. Selected by organizations of all sizes, SiteExecutive is available by perpetual license or software as a service (SaaS). It lets non-technical personnel create and publish Web content in real-time, while maintaining compliance with organizational processes, branding guidelines and industry best practices. To learn more, please visit: http://www.siteexecutive.com.
About Systems Alliance
Systems Alliance, Inc., founded in 1993, is a Maryland-based company that provides business and technology consulting services to leading corporate and public sector clients including American Public University, Baltimore County Government, Condé Nast, Johns Hopkins Institutions, Modell's Sporting Goods and Random House. Systems Alliance has local offices in Georgia and Tennessee. To learn more, visit: http://www.systemsalliance.com.
SOURCE Systems Alliance