DEERFIELD, Ill., Oct. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. ("Takeda"), announced today that it will pledge $100,000 to local and regional nonprofits as part of its annual corporate giving fundraiser, Takeda Cares Day.
Employees will run or walk today a 5k course around the company's headquarters in Deerfield to raise money for organizations that support health, science education and community vitality. For the sixth year running, Takeda will donate $100 on behalf of every participating employee.
"Takeda Cares Day exemplifies our company's commitment to philanthropy and community citizenship," said Ramona Sequeira, president of Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. "It's a day our employees look forward to as it provides a meaningful opportunity for all of us to make a positive impact in our communities and give back to organizations dedicated to health, science education and community vitality."
The following Lake County organizations will receive a donation of $25,000 each:
- Beacon Place – Beacon Place empowers children and families through a community center and core programs that focus on nutrition, overall health, academic support and life skills development. Since Beacon Place was established in 2012, the group has worked to create a neighborhood-based community center with programs that foster commitment, responsibility and self-reliance.
- Center for Enriched Living (CEL) – The Center for Enriched Living exists so that people with developmental disabilities can be fully included in their communities, achieve personal success and enjoy a good quality of life. Since CEL was founded in 1968, the agency has created a culture that celebrates differences, encourages collaboration and removes barriers to serve more than 450 people annually.
- Influence Student Potential and Increase Representation in Education (INSPIRE) – Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science has received national recognition for it's INSPIRE program, which creates pathways for Latino students to pursue careers in health and biomedical science. The goal of INSPIRE is to empower qualified students from underrepresented populations to complete advanced degree health programs and serve their communities as practicing health professionals.
"We are fortunate to have outstanding employers like Takeda in our community. Their commitment to give back by supporting local charitable organizations, help to make Deerfield an even better place to live and work," says Mayor Harriet Rosenthal, Deerfield.
The Takeda Cares program extends across the U.S. with Takeda field sales teams volunteering for nonprofits in their local communities throughout the year. Five of these organizations have been selected to receive an additional $5,000 donation from Takeda, including:
- Camp Pa-Qua-Tuck, based in Long Island, NY, which is focused on helping children and young adults ages 6-21 with physical and developmental disabilities through a safe and quality program of camping, recreation, and education in a summer-time environment.
- New York Cares, based in New York, NY, provides over 1,500 hands-on, meaningful volunteer projects each month that provide a lifeline of support to vulnerable children, adults, and communities.
- Nightingales Harvest, based in Toledo, OH, provides support for low income families dealing with cancer.
- Backpack Beginnings, based in Greensboro, NC, provides food, comfort and clothing directly to over 6000 children in need.
- Jay's Hope Foundation, based in Macon, GA, improves the quality-of-life of children with cancer and their families in Georgia by extending HOPE through social, emotional, spiritual, educational and financial support.
About Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE: 4502) is a global, R&D-driven pharmaceutical company committed to bringing better health and a brighter future to patients by translating science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses its research efforts on oncology, gastroenterology and central nervous system therapeutic areas. It also has specific development programs in specialty cardiovascular diseases as well as late-stage candidates for vaccines. Takeda conducts R&D both internally and with partners to stay at the leading edge of innovation. New innovative products, especially in oncology, central nervous system and gastroenterology, as well as its presence in emerging markets, fuel the growth of Takeda. More than 30,000 Takeda employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients, working with our partners in health care in more than 70 countries.
For more information, visit http://www.takeda.com/news
About Takeda in the U.S.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. is the U.S. commercial organization of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. Takeda has a strong commitment to the U.S. with more than 5,000 employees, a significant R&D presence, Oncology and Vaccines headquarters and manufacturing capabilities. Additional information about Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. is available through its website,www.takeda.us.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/takeda-donates-100000-to-local-regional-non-profits-300341471.html
SOURCE Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.