CHANTILLY, Va., Dec. 23, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- During its first year as an independent company, TASC, Inc. continued its longstanding tradition of supporting nonprofit organizations and employee volunteerism across the country. TASC made significant corporate contributions to a variety of organizations and encouraged employees to support their own favorite causes.
"TASC strives to be a good corporate citizen, especially where our employees live and work," says Wood Parker, president and CEO of TASC. "Many different organizations are vital to the energy and well-being of our communities, and we are eager to help them help those in need."
TASC donated to community-based organizations advancing initiatives such as veterans programs and education, and TASC employees volunteered their time to support cancer research, wounded veterans, military children, local schools and more. Among the programs TASC supported in 2010 with financial contributions, fundraisers and volunteers:
- Rebuilding Together New Orleans Veterans Housing Program, which renovates homes of veterans in need (www.rtno.org);
- SOC Enterprises Vets Ready2Work, a Northern Virginia program that helps veterans with service-connected disabilities find and keep jobs (www.socatwork.org);
- Wounded Warrior Project, a national organization which provides a range of programs and services to injured military personnel (www.woundedwarriorproject.org);
- Marine Toys for Tots Foundation (www.toysfortots.org), USO-Metro holiday gift program (www.usometrodc.org) for DC-area children of military families, and El Paso County (CO) Christmas for Kids program, sponsored by the El Paso County Department of Health and Human Services, to provide gifts and much-needed items to children in the Colorado Springs area;
- UNCF North Alabama, which provides university scholarships to thousands of students each year (www.uncf.org);
- Science classes, career days and robotics events at local elementary, middle and high schools in Northern Virginia and Maryland;
- Food pantries in New Mexico and Northern Virginia.
"From fundraising walks to mentoring sessions, the people of TASC work generously throughout the year to help organizations that are making a real difference," says Parker. "We are proud and pleased at their significant contributions."
Founded in 1966, TASC, Inc. is a leading, non-conflicted provider of advanced systems engineering, integration and decision-support services to the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense and civilian agencies of the federal government. A unit of Northrop Grumman Corporation from 2001 to 2009, TASC became an independent company in December 2009. With 5,000 employees in 38 locations, TASC generates more than $1.6 billion in annual revenue. For more information and career opportunities, visit our website at www.tasc.com.
Media Contact: Christine Nyirjesy Bragale, TASC Public Relations Manager, Christine.Bragale@TASC.com, (703) 653-5996.
SOURCE TASC, Inc.