CONCORD, Mass., Jan. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- WorldTrade Executive, a Thomson Reuters brand, announces the publication of its latest addition to its Latin American Business Library: Tax Strategies for Structuring Latin American Business Entities, 2nd Edition.
Taxes can have an enormous impact on the profitability of a transaction. For example, a case study by John Salerno and Julian Vasquez of PricewaterhouseCoopers notes that while most companies are keenly aware of the tax implications relating to the sale of a direct or indirect subsidiary to a third party, many do not realize that an intra-group transfer of shares in connection with, for example, the formation of a regional holding company or post-deal integration planning, may also trigger taxes in certain Latin American countries.
This is the sort of practical advice provided in the book. Other key topics include:
- Tax Treatment of Management Fees and Other Corporate Services in Latin America
- Tax Issues Facing Supply Arrangements
- Recent Trends in Transfer Pricing in the Region
- Planning Opportunities under Tax Treaties
- Structuring Latin American Investments via Spanish ETVE Holding Companies
- Debt/Equity Strategies
There is also country specific coverage such as:
- Key Tax Issues to be Considered by Multinationals When Investing in Argentina
- Dealing with Tax Audits and Tax Litigation in Brazil
- The Use of Tax Losses-A Brazilian Perspective
- Tax Developments Affecting M&A in Chile
- Calculating Corporate Estimated Income Tax Payments in Mexico
- Recent Amendments to the Tax Appeals Process in Mexico: Can They Save You Money?
- Key Tax Issues for Multinationals When Investing in Peru
Contributors to the book include members of many of the leading law and accounting firms and senior executives operating in the region. Other reports in WTE's Latin American Business Library include:
Using Treaties and Holding Companies for Latin American Tax Planning
Mexico Tax, Law & Business Briefing
Brazil Tax, Law & Business Briefing
Tax Audit Procedures in Mexico
WorldTrade Executive, a part of Thomson Reuters, also publishes the authoritative Latin American Law & Business Report and the Practical International Tax Series with periodicals covering the US, Europe, Asia, Latin America, Russia and Mexico.
For more information visit http://www.wtexecutive.com.
SOURCE WorldTrade Executive