CHERRY HILL, N.J., and PORTLAND, Maine March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, is further empowering consumers by introducing its TD Convenient Choice Checking suite. The new product set offers six simple checking accounts with unique options and features that enable customers to select the checking product that is just right for them.
"With our expanded set of personalized checking products, we are delivering more relevant choices, as well as providing new tools and services to enable consumers to make informed decisions with greater ease and confidence," said Nandita Bakhshi, Executive Vice President, TD Bank. "With a product suite that is transparent and simple, such as TD Convenient Choice Checking, we further our commitment to giving consumers the best value with the greatest convenience."
TD Convenient Choice Checking takes into account the individual's needs —from the customer who typically maintains a low balance and needs the certainty of a flat fee, to the customer who wants a deeper relationship with his or her bank. To assist all customers in determining which checking account best suits their needs, TD created Checking Selector, is available on the TD Bank website (www.tdbank.com/checkingselector) as well as in stores. The online service provides a "checking check-up" (in English and Spanish) by asking a few simple questions and producing a personalized and hassle-free recommendation for the TD Checking product most suited for their specific stage in life and financial circumstance.
TD Convenient Choice Checking maximizes customer choice and supports the bank's environmental commitment by rewarding Customers with a $1 discount on monthly checking maintenance fees by signing up for paperless statements. The bank will now offer the following six checking accounts:
- TD Simple Checking—for customers who don't want to worry about maintaining a balance and want a fixed, flat monthly fee with no surprises. This account is only $3.99 a month or $2.99 if customers choose paperless statements.
- TD Convenience Checking—for customers who would like a free checking option by maintaining a minimum balance of $100, one of the lowest balance requirements in the industry; this is the fastest way to free checking. This account offers the first order of checks free of charge, and the monthly fee of $15, or $14 if paperless statements are chosen, is waived if the minimum balance requirement is met.
- TD Premier Checking—for customers who maintain higher balances and want maximum interest. Customers will receive a tiered interest rate, along with unlimited free non-TD Bank ATM transactions, refunds of ATM fees charged by other ATM providers (with $2500 minimum checking account balance), and the first order of standard checks free. TD Premier Checking charges a monthly fee for customers who do not meet the $2,500 minimum balance requirement of $25, or $24 when paperless statements are selected.
- TD 60 Plus Checking —an interest-bearing account for customers aged 60 and over who can maintain a relatively low balance of $250. The monthly fee of $10, or $9 when paperless statements are chosen, is waived for customers who meet the minimum balance requirement. Customers receive a flat interest rate, free standard checks, a safe deposit box discount, and free money orders and official checks.
- TD Relationship Checking—for customers who want a total relationship with TD Bank and can maintain higher combined deposit and loan balances ($20,000 excluding mortgages and credit cards). TD Bank wants to reward our customers and have them benefit from having a deeper relationship with the bank. Customers receive a flat interest rate, unlimited free non-TD Bank ATM transactions, refunds of ATM fees charged by other ATM providers (with $2500 minimum checking account balance), free standard checks, a safe deposit box discount, free stop payments, incoming wires, official checks/money orders, and overdraft protection transfers. The monthly maintenance fee for customers who do not meet the combined minimum balance requirement is $25, or $24 for customers who choose paperless statements.
- TD Student Checking—free checking for full-time students, with no minimum balance requirement, and offering one free overdraft per year, free overdraft protection transfers, and the first order of standard checks for free. There is no monthly fee for TD Student Checking.
All of the checking options provide free online banking with bill pay; mobile banking (including TD's mobile app); instant issue Debit/ATM card; direct deposit; access to thousands of TD Bank ATMs from Maine to Florida; and live customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
"At TD Bank, we pride ourselves in offering hassle-free banking and giving our customers the right products that meet their individual financial needs," offered John Rosenfeld, Head of Retail Deposits, TD Bank. "We welcome anyone interested in hearing more about the best checking options available for their needs to come in to one of our stores for a free checking check-up!"
For more information and to receive a checking check-up, new and existing TD Bank Customers can visit their local TD Bank, www.tdbank.com, or simply by calling 1-888-751-9000.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the United States, providing customers with a full range of financial products and services at more than 1,250 convenient locations from Maine to Florida. On September 30, 2010, The South Financial Group, Inc. was acquired by TD Bank Group, and its subsidiary Carolina First Bank merged with TD Bank. Carolina First Bank will continue to operate under the trade names Carolina First Bank in North and South Carolina and Mercantile Bank in Florida until conversion and rebranding in 2011. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., and Portland, Maine. Carolina First Bank and Mercantile Bank are trade names of TD Bank, N.A. For more information, visit www.tdbank.com/checkingselector.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD." To learn more, visit www.td.com.
SOURCE TD Bank