BEIJING and DALLAS, June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- NQ Mobile (NYSE: NQ), a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity, today announced an alliance with TDMobility, the joint U.S. venture between Brightstar Corp and Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ: TECD). The collaboration will enable TDMobility to bring NQ Enterprise Shield to Tech Data's network of 65,000 Value Added Resellers across the US, serving small, medium, and large businesses.
The explosive adoption of mobile devices within the business community has created a demand for comprehensive mobile security solutions. As the leading third-party activator of corporate-liable cellular devices in the United States, TDMobility meets the growing mobile security needs of the business community by providing Value Added Resellers with the best enterprise grade mobile security solution on the market.
NQ Mobile Enterprise Shield utilizes NQ Mobile's proprietary, cloud-based security solution, which has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile security threats. With over 172 million user accounts in over 150 countries, NQ Mobile is the only mobile security provider to approach security and privacy holistically; developing consumer and enterprise security solutions that provide complete protection for smartphones and mobile devices.
"We are delighted to partner with NQ Mobile to deliver a mobile protection solution to our customer network," stated Charles Kriete, TD Mobility's executive vice president. "Through this partnership, we hope to provide the VAR community with the best mobile security solution on the market, enabling our customers to quickly and easily deploy mobile protection to businesses across the US"
"As a leading global provider of mobile security solutions, NQ Mobile is pleased to announce our alliance with TDMobility," said Omar Khan, Co-CEO, NQ Mobile. "As the leading third-party activator of corporate-liable cellular devices in the United States, TDMobility is an essential partner in our efforts to protect businesses and employee devices from mobile threats."
NQ Mobile Enterprise Shield Features:
- Fights malware, including spyware, phishing, viruses, Trojans and more. You're protected from the latest threats with our virus updates.
- Scans every app you download in real-time, and uninstalls malicious apps to protect against hacking and phishing.
- Shows your smartphone's security status and delivers anti-virus alerts with the click of a button.
- Password-protects your confidential messages and call logs. Once a contact is added to your private folder, all messages and call logs to and from that number will be automatically hidden and protected.
- Hides your private contacts and messages folder from your home screen.
- Monitors apps that access your private data.
- Allows you to safely browse the Internet without worrying about phishing, fraudulent sites or malware.
- Protects your personal and financial data with anti-hacking and anti-eavesdropping features.
- Remotely alarms and locates your phone when you report it missing from a remote device.
- Allows you to remotely lock or delete information from a lost or stolen phone. Your data remains safe, even if your device is gone for good.
Backup and Restore
- Safely and seamlessly stores your contacts so you can remotely access them, anytime, anywhere.
Device Management and System Optimization
- Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Provides real-time updates on data usage.
- Monitors data traffic consumed by your apps.
- Tells you when you've reached your maximum data usage. You'll never have to worry about exceeding your plan's limits.
- Closes apps that run in the background without your knowledge, ensuring your smartphone runs at top speed.
About Tech Data
Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ GS: TECD) is one of the world's largest wholesale distributors of technology products. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable over 125,000 resellers in more than 100 countries to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users. Tech Data generated $24.4 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2011, and is ranked 109th on the Fortune 500®. To learn more, visit http://www.techdata.com.
About Brightstar Corp.
Brightstar is a multi-billion dollar global services company providing solutions to Manufacturers, Operators, Retailers, and Enterprises serving the telecommunications industry. With sales and distribution facilities on six continents, Brightstar offers its customers the largest global reach, enabling the right product to be in the right place, at the right time. For more information on Brightstar, please visit http://www.brightstarcorp.com.
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ) is a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and is now a leading provider of Freemium subscription services with approximately 172 million registered user accounts in over 150 countries. NQ Mobile's proprietary, cloud-based security solution has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile threats. NQ Mobile was bestowed the 2011 Technology Pioneer Award by the World Economic Forum for its technology leadership and innovation in mobile security. To facilitate global expansion, NQ Mobile headquarters are co-located in Beijing, China and Dallas, TX, USA. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit www.nq.com.
SOURCE NQ Mobile Inc.