SCHAFFHAUSEN, Switzerland, Nov. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- TE Connectivity Ltd. (NYSE: TEL) (TE) was named a Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator for the fifth consecutive year, recognizing its achievements as one of the world leaders in innovation. The program, an initiative of the IP & Science business of Thomson Reuters, honors the 100 corporations and institutions around the world that are at the heart of innovation as measured by a series of proprietary patent-related metrics. The full report is available at http://www.stateofinnovation.com.
The Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator methodology is based on four principle criteria: overall patent volume, patent application-to-grant success rate, global reach of the portfolio, and patent influence as evidenced by citations. This objective formula identifies the companies around the world that are discovering new inventions, protecting them from infringers and commercializing them.
"Our 7,000 engineers around the world have a passion for innovation and creating solutions with our customers that enable a safer, greener and smarter world," said Tom Lynch, TE Connectivity Chairman and CEO. "We are creating exciting and groundbreaking connectivity and sensor solutions that impact all industries, creating essential technologies that will continue to transform our connected society for generations to come. We are proud to receive this recognition for the fifth consecutive year, as it recognizes the collective commitment of our 72,000 employees to deliver value for our customers, and help companies in transportation, communications, and industrial sectors bring new ideas to life."
TE Connectivity's connectors and sensors are a crucial part of an increasingly connected world. Our products can sense and connect data, power or signal moving through just about any type of material. We deliver power and data efficiently and allow technology to accurately react to the environment around it – no matter how challenging. Furthermore, we are expanding the possibilities and promise of the Internet of Things (IoT), advancing the connectivity of devices, systems and services.
The Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator peer-reviewed methodology was executed using Thomson Reuters Derwent World Patents Index® (DWPI), Derwent Patents Citations Index™, Quadrilateral Patent Index™, and Thomson Innovation®, its IP and intelligence collaboration platform.
"In today's hypercompetitive global marketplace, innovation is much more than just having great ideas. True innovation occurs when individuals and companies harness the power and insight to bring ideas to life," said David Brown, senior vice president, Thomson Reuters Intellectual Property and Science. "This is the potent formula we measure with our Top 100 Global Innovators program. The institutions on this year's list represent the current vanguard in innovation by pioneering new breakthroughs and organizing their businesses to make these discoveries a reality."
Thomson Reuters 2015 Top100 Global Innovators:
- Now in its fifth year, the program has annually outperformed leading financial indices, serving as a trustworthy investment resource and a testament to increased R&D funding, global patent filing and new market development, resulting in greater revenue and enhanced regional economic activity.
- The 2015 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators outperformed the MSCI World Index in revenue by 6.01 percentage points, employment by 4.09 percentage points, and market-cap-weighted R&D spending by 1.86 percentage points.
- Together, the 2015 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators generated more than $429 trillion in revenue and invested more than $20 trillion in R&D (local currency) in 2014.
- The 2015 Top 100 Thomson Reuters Global Innovators hail from three continents and comprise eleven countries. Just two countries comprise 75 percent of the list: Japan and the US, making them the true innovation hubs of the world.
- The semiconductor and electronic components industry continued to lead in 2015, with 12 representative companies
To view the full list and report on the Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator program, go to http://www.stateofinnovation.com.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today's increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations – redefining what's possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 72,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in close to 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS – www.TE.com.
SOURCE TE Connectivity Ltd.