Jun 15, 2015, 07:32 ET
SCHAFFHAUSEN, Switzerland, June 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- TE Connectivity Ltd. (NYSE: TEL), a world leader in connectivity, released its fifth annual Corporate Responsibility (CR) report today, outlining the company's progress across a range of areas, including its impact on the environment, the communities it serves and the workplace it creates for its employees.
"TE continues to demonstrate its commitment not only to delivering innovative connectivity and sensor solutions, but doing it in a way that is responsible, sustainable and that makes our world safer, greener, smarter and more connected," said Tom Lynch, Chairman and CEO of TE Connectivity. "Our success is driven not only by delivering great products for our customers, but by respecting and rewarding our people, being mindful stewards of the environment and helping the communities in which we live and work."
Highlights from TE's 2014 Corporate Responsibility report include:
- The Community: TE and the TE Connectivity Foundation supported more than 1,500 charitable organizations in 2014, contributing a total of $5.47 million to charities worldwide. Overall, volunteer hours increased from approximately 15,000 to 16,700 hours by TE employees in the U.S. and Mexico, in part due to TE's "Dollars for Doers" program which donates funds to nonprofit organizations where employees volunteer their time.
- The Environment: The company demonstrated its commitment to environmental stewardship by reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 25 percent since 2010. TE's water usage has also decreased 23 percent during the same period. In 2014, TE established a Center of Excellence (CoE) to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing about energy. The CoE is focused on ready-to-deploy projects that impact TE's overall energy consumption, from efficient lighting controls to waste heat recovery.
- The Products: For the fourth consecutive year, TE Connectivity was named on the Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators list – an honor for companies dedicated to innovation, research and development. In that spirit, TE also created new products and partnerships focused on more sustainable solutions.
- TE is partnering with start-up business ubitricity to build more charging stations for electric cars by packing miniaturized mobile electricity meters and wireless communication technology into the portable charging cables.
- Through TE's Operational Material Productivity program, its engineers developed a new "three-track die" concept for stamping that can significantly reduce the amount of precious metals used in its products.
- Looking Ahead: TE strives to continue improving upon its annual CR reporting by becoming increasingly transparent. For 2015, it will focus on these key areas of improvement:
- Goals: Establish clear and specific goals, both short- and long-term, in core areas: governance and compliance, environmental practices, products, supplier relationship, employee development and community investment.
- External review: Institute an external review of next year's report in order to receive valuable feedback from experts.
Read more about TE's corporate responsibility efforts at http://www.te.com/usa-en/about-te/corporate-responsibility.html
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $14 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today's increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations – redefining what's possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 80,000 people, including 7,500 design engineers, partner with customers in 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS – www.TE.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150612/222797-INFO
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110310/PH62357LOGO
SOURCE TE Connectivity Ltd.
Share this article