NORWICH, N.Y., April 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Chobani, LLC, maker of America's #1 Greek Yogurt Brand, and proud sponsor of the United States Olympic Committee since 2012, is pleased to announce its latest roster of Team USA athletes for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Chobani has a history of sponsoring athletes directly as part of its commitment to supporting athletes who share the brand's mission to eliminate "bad stuff" from their lives in exchange for goodness and positive choices.
Through its founding food philosophy of using only natural, non-GMO ingredients and never using artificial preservatives, sweeteners or flavors, Chobani has always believed you can only be great if you're full of goodness.
"There's something really special for us about this partnership," said Peter McGuinness, Chief Marketing and Brand Officer, Chobani. "We love what our Team Chobani athletes stand for both as competitors on the field and as people off the field. Like our athletes, we've always believed that making choices grounded in goodness and integrity pave the way to greatness. Their personal journeys of hard work, perseverance and giving back are a testament to the power of a life filled with goodness, and we're very proud to be part of Team USA's training on their road to Rio."
Handpicked for their passion of practicing goodness not only in their specific craft, but also in their daily lives, from the way they overcome obstacles, to the food they put in their bodies, Team Chobani is comprised of the following athletes:
- Morgan Brian, soccer – 2016 Olympic hopeful, hoping to compete in the Olympic Games for the first time
- Jordan Burroughs, wrestling – 2016 Men's Wrestling Olympian, 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist, three-time World Champion
- Ashton Eaton, track and field – 2016 Olympic hopeful, 2012 Olympian (1 Gold), two- time decathlon world record holder and considered the "world's greatest athlete"
- Marlen Esparza, boxing – 2012 Olympian (1 Bronze)
- Allyson Felix, track and field – 2016 Olympic hopeful, 2012, 2008, 2004 Olympian (4 Golds, 2 Silvers)
- Luis Gil, soccer – member of U.S. Men's National Team
- Allison Jones, Para-cycling – 2016 Paralympic hopeful, 2014, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002 Paralympian (2 Golds, 3 Silvers, 3 Bronzes); Allison has been a Team Chobani athlete since 2012
- Alex Morgan, soccer – 2016 Olympic hopeful, 2012 Olympian (1 Gold)
- Melissa Stockwell, paratriathlon – 2016 Paralympic hopeful, 2008 Paralympian
"Chobani has played an important role in my personal journey as an athlete and as an individual," said Alex Morgan. "I admire the values of Chobani and I'm proud to be associated with the company as their products have been my go-to source for protein and positive nutrition in my diet and training for years. Most importantly, I'm excited to join Team Chobani alongside so many great athletes and competitors I admire who also support the power of goodness – a concept that truly hits home for me."
Team Chobani will be featured in a mix of TV, digital and in-store advertising that brings each athlete's personal story of goodness to life, and will run throughout the duration of the Games.
Fueling Team USA with #NOBADSTUFF
Chobani naturally powers athletes of all types by delivering high protein products made with only natural, non-GMO ingredients. Chobani's authentic straining process provides twice as much protein as regular yogurt**, making it a great pre- and post-workout recovery fuel for all walks of life, from athletes training to perform at the highest levels to consumers looking to live a healthy, active lifestyle. As the official yogurt of the 2016 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams, Chobani will be fueling Team USA and fans in the following ways leading up to and during the Games:
- Pre and Post Training Nutrition: As a source of positive nutrition that offers a balance of flavor and function as part of a meal, snack, or an ingredient in cooking, Chobani Greek Yogurt is recommended by U.S. Olympic Committee Sports dietitians, and is also used in recipes by Team USA chefs. Chobani products are also available to all athletes in the U.S. Olympic Training Centers located across the country.
- Naturally Powering Athletes of all Tiers: Chobani is a proud sponsor of five National Governing Bodies, including USA Cycling, USA Gymnastics, USA Swimming, USA Track & Field and USA Wrestling. Through these partnerships, Chobani is able to naturally power athletes at all levels of competition and their fans with access to delicious, nutritious Chobani Greek Yogurt and nutrition education.
- Nutrition at the Games: Chobani will join Team USA in Rio where products will be served at USA House and Team USA High Performance Training Centers during the Olympic Games.
- World Class Workout Tips and Routines: Team USA and Chobani have teamed up to give fans an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at how U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes train to compete at the highest level. Fans at home can follow along with the athletes' world-class workout routines, and get the inside scoop on essential pre and post-workout nutrition tips, including recipes, at TeamUSA.org/WorkingOutWithTeamUSA.
What Goodness Means at Chobani
Chobani has been committed to #NOBADSTUFF since day one, believing that access to nutritious, delicious yogurt made with only natural ingredients is a right, not a privilege, and that every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options. Chobani is helping to pave the way toward positive change in the food industry via its responsible business practices and initiatives including:
- Only Natural, Non-GMO Ingredients. Chobani Greek Yogurt is made with only natural, non-GMO ingredients, making it a great choice for athletes and everyday people alike.
- Local Sourcing: Chobani sources the freshest milk possible from nearly 900 farmers in its local communities of Chenango County, New York and Twin Falls, Idaho.
- Honest Labeling: Chobani is committed to transparency and supports GMO- labeling efforts to let people know exactly what they're eating.
- Giving Back: 10 percent of Chobani profits are donated to charities through the Chobani Foundation, an entity built on the principles of empowering positive, sustainable change locally, regionally and globally.
- Animal Welfare: Chobani works closely with cooperatives and local farms to ensure the safety and humane treatment of the cows it sources to produce fresh milk for its products.
- Equality: Chobani has a rich history and commitment to equality in the world around us, its people, its consumers and its stakeholders.
Filling Fans with Goodness
To bring a taste of Rio to fans cheering on Team USA at the Olympic and Paralympic Games from home, Chobani is releasing three Rio-inspired limited batch flavors across its product line:
- Chobani® Greek Yogurt Limited Batch Guava: Low fat blended Greek Yogurt (2% milkfat) made with cool, sweet, guava, a popular Brazilian fruit;
- Chobani® Greek Yogurt Limited Batch Watermelon: A returning favorite of low fat blended Greek Yogurt (2% milkfat) with the refreshing flavor of the popular summer fruit; and
- Chobani "Flip"™ Greek Yogurt Limited Batch Mango Passion Power™: Mango passion fruit low fat Greek Yogurt (1.5% milkfat) with a delicious mix of pie crust pieces and crunchy Brazil nuts.
These limited batch products will be available in grocery stores nationwide beginning later this month and will remain on shelves through the end of the summer or while supplies last. Additionally, several Chobani products will adorn the official Chobani shield and Team USA Flag-5 rings mark on pack denoting the partnership.
Chobani has been a sponsor of Team USA for four years, having sponsored U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes during the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the Sochi 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
For product information or to get to know more about Team Chobani, visit chobani.com, or join the conversation using #NOBADSTUFF.
Maker of America's No. 1–selling Greek Yogurt brand, Chobani, LLC, was founded on the belief that people have great taste — they just need great options. Chobani produces high-quality authentic strained Greek Yogurt products made with only natural ingredients from its plants in New Berlin, N.Y., Twin Falls, Idaho, and South Victoria, Australia. Chobani is committed to using milk from regional farms and strengthening its surrounding local economies. Chobani gives 10 percent of its annual profits to charities worldwide through the company's charitable foundation. All Chobani products — including Chobani® Greek Yogurt, Chobani "Flip"™, Chobani Tots® and Chobani Kids® and Chobani Simply 100® — are kosher certified, contain five live and active cultures, and are made with milk from cows not treated with rBST*, with most of its products offering more protein than regular yogurt** Chobani products are available nationwide in the U.S. and Australia, and in countries in Asia and Latin America. For more information, please visit www.chobani.com and www.facebook.com/chobani.
About the United States Olympic Committee (USOC)
Founded in 1894 and headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, the United States Olympic Committee serves as both the National Olympic Committee and National Paralympic Committee for the United States. As such, the USOC is responsible for the training, entering and funding of U.S. teams for the Olympic, Paralympic, Youth Olympic, Pan American and Parapan American Games, while serving as a steward of the Olympic and Paralympic movements throughout the country. For more information, visit TeamUSA.org.
* According to the FDA, no significant difference has been found between milk derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.
** Chobani® Greek Yogurt, 12g (24%DV) protein per 5.3 oz; regular (nonfat or lowfat) yogurt 6g (12% DV) protein per 5.3oz.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160418/356337LOGO
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160418/356322
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160418/356323
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160418/356325
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160418/356326
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160418/356327
SOURCE Chobani, LLC