LOS ANGELES, Jan. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The latest developments in ski and snowboard technology can keep winter warriors warm, track adventures, provide an epic soundtrack on snow days and more. As temperatures drop, an increasing number of athletes are looking to incorporate the latest and greatest high-tech gear into their winter adventures. Premier specialty sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet is a one-stop shop for the latest in high-tech gear and other equipment needs.
"With high-tech materials and cutting-edge designs, the advances in technology have made winter sports more exciting than ever," said Sport Chalet Expert Doug Anderson. "Here at Sport Chalet, we have everything ski and snowboard enthusiasts of all experience levels need for the ultimate day of shredding the slopes."
Below, Anderson highlights his high-tech must-haves for the mountain:
- Heat things up. Never worry about cold fingers again with the Seirus Men's Heat Touch Inferno Heated Glove. Featuring three heat settings, these gloves utilize wafer-thin rechargeable batteries to keep hands toasty so athletes can stay on the mountain longer.
- Record an epic run. The GoPro HERO4 Silver is the first-ever GoPro to feature a built-in touch display, making controlling the camera, framing shots and playing back video ultra-convenient. Pair with the GoPro Helmet Front Mount to capture a unique point of view anywhere on the mountain from the trails to the park and half-pipe.
- Bump some beats. Fumbling with headphones and controls that require glove-removal is a frustrating task of the past with the OUTDOOR TECH Wired Chips Universal Helmet Audio system. Providing unsurpassed audio, the Chips' rugged, minimal design is compatible with virtually any helmet and glove-friendly controls make these headphones a must-have for the alpine audiophile.
- Upgrade the view. The SMITH OPTICS I/O Recon-Greensolex/Red Sensor Goggle is a major upgrade from the goggles of the past, combining Smith's premium lenses with the latest in GPS and Bluetooth technology. A heads-up display is integrated into the frame design, allowing winter enthusiasts to log and view information without taking their eyes off the powder.
- Top things off with tech. Top off your snow ensemble with a tech-savvy jacket like The North Face Men's NFZ Insulated Jacket. Equipped with innovative insulation, the jacket offers impressive heat retention while also allowing perspiration to escape. Beyond comfort, the jacket also keeps powder gurus safe with a built-in Recco® avalanche rescue reflector that can help find avalanche victims in an emergency situation.
To view Sport Chalet's selection of winter gear, visit the collection. To find the nearest Sport Chalet store, visit www.sportchalet.com, and for additional media inquiries, contact [email protected].
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 50 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet, Inc.