NEW YORK, Aug. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Increasing demand for technical ceramics in medical end-use industry is a prime factor for the growth of the technical ceramics market"
The global technical ceramics market size (2016–2021) is estimated to reach USD 8.49 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 6.43%. The demand for technical ceramics is increasing due to its increased usage in the manufacturing of medical devices and implants that are used for bone and tooth replacements. With the growing electronics & semiconductor industry, the increased demand for high temperature stability, low thermal expansion, and robust products drives the market for technical ceramics.
"Electronics & semiconductor: the largest end-use industry of technical ceramics"
Technical ceramics are used in various end-use industries such as electronics & semiconductor, automotive, energy & power, industrial, medical, military & defense, and others. In 2015, the electronics & semiconductor segment accounted for the largest market share among all the applications, in terms of value as well as volume, followed by automotive, energy & power, and industrial industries. Among all the applications, medical end-use industry is estimated to register the highest CAGR between 2016 and 2021, in terms of value as well as volume.
"Rising demand for technical ceramics from the developing markets of Asia-Pacific is the major driver for the technical ceramics market"
In 2015, Asia-Pacific is estimated to account for the largest market share, in terms of value as well as volume, and is estimated to remain the market leader during the forecast period. High industrial growth resulted in an increased demand for technical ceramics in different applications such as in the electronics & semiconductor and medical industries. This growth is further supported by the growing military & defense industry in Asia-Pacific due to the increased governmental investments in the defense sector. China accounted for the largest market share in this region due to the increased demand for military & defense equipment over the last 2–3 years. Other emerging economies, such as India and Brazil, are the markets which are projected to grow rapidly.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted.
The breakdown of primary interviews is given below.
- By Company Type - Tier 1 - 33%, Tier 2 – 60%, and Others - 7%
- By Designation - C level - 56%, Director level - 33%, and Others - 11%
- By Region - North America - 13%, Europe - 47%, Asia-Pacific - 20%, the Middle East & Africa - 13%, and South America - 7%
The key companies profiled in this market research report are CeramTec GmbH (Germany), Kyocera Corporation (Japan), Morgan Advanced Materials (U.K.), Saint-Gobain Ceramic Materials (U.S.), McDanel Advanced Ceramic Technologies (U.S.), Ceradyne, Inc. (3M Company) (U.S.), Rauschert Steinbach GmbH (Germany), Dyson Technical Ceramics Limited (U.K.), Superior Technical Ceramics (U.S.), NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd. (Japan), and other local players.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the technical ceramics market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. It will help stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. It will help stakeholders to understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04010946-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001