ANNAPOLIS, Md., May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that three of its cybersecurity experts will be leading educational sessions as part of Techno Security & Mobile Forensics World 2013 on June 2–5, 2013 at the Marriott Resort at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach, SC. Attendees will have the opportunity to gain new insights and perspectives relating to mobile device forensics at these sessions. The Fifteenth Annual International Techno Security Conference will be an international meeting place for IT Security professionals from around the world. The conference will feature some of the top speakers in the industry. Attendees of past events have registered from 52 different countries, and have also been on the GSA schedule for several years.
- TCS Forensic Subject Matter Expert Courtney Lancaster will lead a session entitled, "The Increasing Role of Mobile Forensics in Litigation," on Monday, June 3rd from 2 p.m. to 2:50 p.m. With the increasing role of mobile forensics in the litigation support realm, this discussion will address cause and effect from the lab to the courtroom and the challenges that occur along the way.
- Attendees will also have the opportunity to hear from Courtney Lancaster, TCS Director of Advanced Cyber Training Jeremy Willingham and TCS Computer Network Operations Trainer/Instructor Brendan Watters at four pre-conference sessions on Sunday, June 2nd:
- Lancaster will present "Mobile Forensics" from noon to 12:50 p.m. Attendees will be introduced to various mobile technologies, infrastructures, acquisition concepts and techniques, and operating systems.
- Watters will present "Wireless Edition" from 1 p.m. to 1:50 p.m. Computer security practitioners will benefit from this discussion of the skills and knowledge required to perform wireless security assessments and wireless exploitation.
- Willingham will present "Wiretap Edition" from 2 p.m. to 2:50 p.m. Attendees will learn the methodology for deploying, processing, analyzing and refining strategies for network defense, including detecting live network attacks.
- Watters will present "Snort Fundamentals" from 3 p.m. to 3:50 p.m. Attendees will install, configure and test the Snort intrusion detection/prevention system against actual network attacks after a thorough review of modern network protocols.
- Persons interested in attending any of these sessions can register by visiting www.mobileforensicsconference.com or calling 410-703-0332.
Through its Cyber Intelligence Group, TCS provides focused training in the fields of penetration testing, forensics-defend strategies and vulnerability analysis, and ethical hacking, and brings together many of the brightest minds in security as a forum for research, collaboration and building next-generation technologies to protect critical networks. Students learn and experience computer network operations and forensics in a safe, reliable environment in addition to having the opportunity to build on and advance the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in their chosen career paths.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.