ANNAPOLIS, Md., March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it will be exhibiting at SATELLITE 2013, which will take place March 18 - 21 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC. TCS invites attendees to visit Booth # 8045 and learn more about its deployable communications solutions designed to ensure mission continuity.
Technologies showcased in the booth will include:
- SNAP 1.2m Lite VSAT Terminal The SNAP 1.2m Lite VSAT terminal is a pack-in-the-box VSAT solution for military applications. Field-upgradeable to X-, Ku- or Ka-band with a simple swap of the feed boom assembly, the terminal is designed for rapid deployment, ease of use and suitability for harsh operating environments. The SNAP 1.2m Lite Terminal interfaces with the TCS Impact baseband packages, enabling an extension of a common IP operating environment throughout a global network.
- Low Cost Terminal Solution TCS, Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin have developed highly affordable satellite terminals for protected communications on the move and at the halt. This Low Cost Terminal (LCT) solution addresses the military's need for lower cost technologies and systems to enable protected and secure communications for tactical warfighters in contested environments and areas of denied communications. It consists of two classes of equipment: a Protected Communications On The Move (P-COTM) terminal and a Protected SIPR/NIPR Access Point (P-SNAP) terminal.
- X/Ku Shipboard Antenna Adaptable to both commercial and military applications, TCS has recently introduced a line of maritime solutions. The multiband X/Ku Shipboard Antenna is one of many TCS maritime solutions used by the Norwegian Navy's NANSEN Frigate Upgrade program, the Royal Australian Navy and the German Navy's F125 program.
- HyperLite Microsat Terminal HyperLite Microsat is a 0.45m X-band terminal, designed for rapid deployment and maximum portability. Weighing in at only 27.5 pounds, HyperLite Microsat is ideally suited for elite military teams and tier-1 responders.
- Impact Tactical IP Terminal Impact Tactical is a small, modular, rugged communications kit that is geared toward military customers. The flexible Impact Tactical modules are designed for plug and play as an integrated unit or in a stand-alone configuration to meet changing user requirements. Modules include the latest high-power router from Cisco (5915 ESR), a single-board computer running the latest in virtualization technology from VMware (ESXi Server) and PoE-capable switching to meet the most demanding needs.
- Impact Executive IP Terminal Ideally suited to provide robust and full-featured communications for government and military VIP or small-team deployments, Impact Executive is the smallest executive communications kit currently available in the TCS Impact family of products and is powered by the latest offering in Cisco's line of small, environmentally hardened routers.
- SwiftCell™ SwiftCell is a completely self-contained cellular network. Ten minutes after powering SwiftCell on, commercial, government and military users can communicate privately on their own cellular network, regardless of the terrain or environment. Users are able to call each other, send SMS text messages and share other vital information, just as if they were on a commercially-provided cellular network.
- Impact Rugged Router Impact Rugged Router (IR2) is a lightweight, small form factor, rugged router that enables fast and secure communications across military mobile, dismounted and command post operations. IR2 integrates the Cisco 5915 ESR router to deliver standards-based C4ISR connectivity to the lowest echelons.
- Rugged Solid-State Drives Customized to fit any need, TCS Rugged Solid-State Drives are configured for military, aerospace, and industrial applications.
TCS has established a proven track record for more than 25 years as a trusted provider of communication technology solutions to solve the government's toughest technical challenges, under conditions that demand the highest level of reliability, availability and security. To ensure mission continuity, TCS TotalCom® offers deployable, highly secure communication solutions and complete end-to-end managed services for converged (IP-based) voice, video and data solutions to organizations requiring seamless and secure connectivity between fixed sites and remote operations.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.