ANNAPOLIS, Md., May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that two of its cybersecurity experts will be leading workshops as part of the Mobile Cybersecurity Summit at CTIA 2013™, which will take place May 21 – 22, 2013 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV. These workshops offer attendees the opportunity to actively participate in the discussion in order to create an interactive learning environment.
- TCS Director of Advanced Cyber Training Jeremy Willingham will lead the "Lessons Learned Workshop," which will take place Tuesday, May 21st from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. in Room 2401.
- Willingham's workshop will take a look at recent incidents where government, law enforcement and businesses have been targeted by cyber attacks, including via mobile devices. He will then explore how the attack occurred, what the impact was and how it could have been prevented.
- TCS Forensic Subject Matter Expert Courtney Lancaster will lead the "Forensics Workshop," which will take place Tuesday, May 21st from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. in Room 2401.
- As corporate entities, law enforcement and government agencies are encountering the need to recover and protect data now more than ever, Lancaster's workshop will take a look at the different types of mobile device information acquisition techniques and will feature hands-on demonstrations.
- The Mobile Cybersecurity Summit will highlight the importance of cyber safety to consumers and explore how to leverage the mobile industry's ongoing investment in security. Through the efforts of CTIA's Cybersecurity Working Group – of which TCS is a member – the mobile industry stands as an example for dealing with the challenges of cybersecurity and works collaboratively with its counterparts in government and industry.
- For more information or to register for these workshops, interested attendees are encouraged to visit http://www.ctia2013.com.
- CTIA 2013 attendees are encouraged to stop by TCS booth #5629 to watch a demonstration of workshop tools for malware and forensics and experience TCS' industry-driven wireless technologies.
TCS Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer Drew Morin, said: "CTIA is the leading advocate for the wireless industry, and through its Cybersecurity Working Group and the Mobile Cybersecurity Summit, it is demonstrating its commitment to help make wireless communications safe and secure. TCS looks forward to contributing to the success of the Mobile Cybersecurity Summit, and we encourage everyone in the wireless communications industry to attend this worthwhile event."
CTIA Vice President of Technology and Cybersecurity, John A. Marinho, said: "Cybersecurity is a vital necessity for all companies. Whether you're a small business or a major corporation, CTIA's Mobile Cybersecurity Summit will provide attendees with the information and a better understanding on what is needed to protect their companies. We're pleased TCS is a part of the Cybersecurity Working Group, and will be offering their expertise for attendees at the Summit."
Through its Cyber Intelligence Group, TCS provides focused training in the fields of penetration testing, forensics-defend strategies and vulnerability analysis and ethical hacking, and brings together many of the brightest minds in security as a forum for research, collaboration and building next-generation technologies to protect critical networks. Students learn and experience computer network operations and forensics in a safe and reliable environment and have the opportunity to build on and advance the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in their chosen career paths.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.