NEW ORLEANS, June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Award Winning Author/Actor Markrois will return to his home state of Louisiana to present a series of writing workshops this summer. The workshop series aims to help aspiring writers reach their publishing goals. Workshops have been organized for adults and youths.
The adult workshops (June 13th and 19th) will expose attendees to methods for improving their writing skills, publishing their work, and getting into the retail marketplace. Those wishing to attend the workshops can register online (print application also available) at www.markrois.com. Each workshop lasts approximately 3 hours and is segmented into three sections that focus on various elements including pre-production, marketing, and retail operations. Cost to register for the workshop is $200 per individual and covers:
- Entry into the Your Story Writing and Publishing Workshops, which will direct you step by step through your book creation process. Workshops will educate, motivate, and pave a clear path for you to follow during your writing and publishing process.
- A one-page web page within the I.D. Publishing website to promote you and your book.
- Guaranteed publishing of your completed novel, poetry collection or short story collection through I.D. Publishing, with your book on sale through Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com and 25,000 additional retailers.
- 100 Promotional Fliers to Promote Your Book.
- Support throughout your writing/publishing process.
The Youth Writing Experience 2010 (July 8th and 9th) presented by Markrois and The Adams St. CDC will provide attendees ages 10-16 with the opportunity to pen a short story that focuses on their experiences and life before, during, and after hurricane Katrina. As a bonus, all works will be combined into a single collection, published by I.D. Publishing, and released worldwide on August 29th 2010. The two day event will take place in New Orleans, LA at the Adams Street Cultural Development Center; located at 1801 Adams Street. The youth workshop is free and open to the general public.
Event Dates, Times, & Locations:
Sunday June 13th- New Orleans, LA - 3pm
Saturday June 19th - Baton Rouge, LA - 1pm
Youth Writing Experience 2010 Details:
I.D. Publishing was founded in 2008 by Markrois. After 10 years of writing and producing various stage productions he formed the company as a means to ensure complete control of his work and as a way to help struggling writers control and publish their works.
For press credentials, information or to schedule an interview with Markrois please call Al Batiste at 504.330.3311 or contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . For event registration visit www.markrois.com or e-mail email@example.com. More information and details are also available online at www.markrois.com.
SOURCE I.D. Publishing