WABAN, Mass., Jan. 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Temkin Group, a leading customer experience research, advisory, and training firm, announces the publication of its annual list of customer experience trends, and labels 2017 as "The Year of Purpose."
Every year, Temkin Group highlights one theme that it sees as being particularly important for companies. In 2014 it was The Year of Empathy, in 2015 it was the Year of Employees, and in 2016 it was The Year of Emotion. For 2017, Temkin Group is focusing on the role that purpose plays in how organizations succeed and individuals flourish by launching the site, ElevateEmotion.com.
"At Temkin Group, we have always been passionate about what drives and motivates human beings – regardless of whether they are leaders, employees, or customers," states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group. "Our goal is to help people tap into the power of purpose with their employees and customers, and even more importantly, we hope that our focus on purpose will bring increased meaning to people's lives."
Here are Temkin Group's nine customer experience trends to watch in 2017:
- Elevating Purpose. Leaders will sharpen and share their organization's purpose.
- Operationalizing Emotion. Companies will increasingly measure and design for customer emotions.
- Orienting Around Customer Journeys. Companies will realign their metrics, design, and innovation around customer journeys.
- Continuing…. Mobile, Mobile, Mobile. Growth of remote digital connections will push companies to adopt a mobile first approach.
- Embracing Employee Engagement. A critical mass of leaders will begin prioritizing employee engagement.
- Federating Customer Experience. Initial change from centralized models will give way to CX capabilities being disbursed and cultivated.
- Predicting Through Behaviors. Companies will tap into rich behavioral data to anticipate customers' perceptions and actions.
- Tapping Into Speech Recognition. Insights will be extracted from contact center conversations and voice interfaces will blossom.
- Smartening Self-Service. Virtual agents and interactive guides will enable increased levels of self-service.
These customer experience trends can be found on the Customer Experience Matters® blog, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com. For more information about The Year of Purpose, visit ElevatePurpose.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, visit the Temkin Group website, www.TemkinGroup.com, or contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email to email@example.com.
About Bruce Temkin: Bruce Temkin is widely recognized as a customer experience visionary, and is Customer Experience Transformist and Managing Partner of Temkin Group. He is also the co-founder and Emeritus Chair of the Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA.org), a global non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of customer experience management. Bruce is also the author of a very popular blog, Customer Experience Matters®. Prior to forming Temkin Group, he was a Vice President at Forrester Research for 12 years where he ran the customer experience, eBusiness, financial services, and B2B sectors and was the most-read analyst for 13 consecutive quarters.
Customer Experience Matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/temkin-group-releases-annual-list-of-customer-experience-trends-and-labels-2017-the-year-of-purpose-300384616.html
SOURCE Temkin Group