WASHINGTON, Nov. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- World-renowned Tenor Anthony Kearns will be a guest performer in the star-studded 94th Annual 6abc Dunkin' Donuts Thanksgiving Day Parade in Philadelphia, PA on November 28, 2013.
Mr. Kearns will sing during the LIVE televised broadcast of the parade – the oldest of its kind in the nation – at approximately 9:30 a.m. ET. The parade, expected to attract up to one million parade-goers, will be televised in major television markets, including WPVI Philadelphia, PA (www.abclocal.go.com/wpvi) and WJLA, Washington, D.C. (www.wjla.com), among others, reaching an estimated audience of 12 million. It will be live-streamed online: www.6abc.com.
"We're thrilled to have one of the best voices in the world, Anthony Kearns, perform in this year's Thanksgiving Day Parade," said John Best, the parade's supervising producer. Kearns will sing "We Three Kings," the title track of one of his hugely successful holiday albums with The Irish Tenors.
- The Mike Huckabee Show at approx 2:15 p.m. ET. www.mikehuckabee.com/the-mike-huckabee-show. Kearns, a favorite on the show, was also a guest during Governor Huckabee's Veteran's Day radio-thon. http://bit.ly/16WJrJC.
- Newsworks Tonight at approx. 6 p.m. ET on WHYY 91 FM -- the most-listened to public radio station in Philadelphia and the surrounding region. https://www.whyy.org/91FM/
"I'm pleased to be a part of the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Philadelphia on the most celebrated of American holidays," said Kearns. "Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for our blessings, large and small, as we head into the Christmas season."
The parade will kick off at 8:30 a.m. with a half hour preview show, followed by three hours of non-stop parade extravaganza.
Besides Kearns, featured guests and performers include:
- Actor and new host of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire," Cedric the Entertainer
- Sam Champion of ABC's "Good Morning America"
- Kristen Alderson and Chad Duell of "General Hospital "
- Ryan Howard of the Philadelphia Phillies
- Season 4 winner of NBC's "The Voice" Danielle Bradbery
- Cast of Tony, Grammy and Olivier Award-winning hit musical, "Jersey Boys"
- Singer-songwriter Jay Sean
- Former Miss America Kirsten Haglund
Mr. Kearns will then embark on a 16-city Holiday tour with The Irish Tenors. Together, the trio has 10 best-selling CDs and five PBS Specials.
Last year, Kearns was a guest soloist in the Emmy-award winning program, "America's Veterans: A Musical Tribute," with the U.S. Air Force Band on Maryland Public Television. He recently performed for Speaker of the House John Boehner, President Barack Obama, members of Congress, General Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and others. Kearns also opened the televised 2013 National Memorial Day Parade and performed at the 50th anniversary of President John Kennedy's visit to Ireland at Arlington Cemetery.
Purchase Mr. Kearns' CD, "With a Song in My Heart," at www.anthonykearnstenor.com.
Kearns' celebrity appearances, including the 94th Annual 6ABC Dunkin Donuts Thanksgiving Day Parade, are arranged by Kirsten Fedewa & Associates, L.L.C.
SOURCE Kirsten Fedewa & Assoc., LLC