DAYTON, Ohio, April 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC), the big data analytics and marketing applications company today announced that nominations are being accepted through July 15 for the annual EPIC Awards. Sponsored by Teradata, EPIC Awards recognize Teradata customers and partners for their ability to create competitive advantage by effectively using data analytics and/or marketing applications. Government agencies are evaluated based on their ability to address constituent needs.
The EPIC Awards began as a program to showcase excellence in analytics and has become a global industry celebration recognizing the most outstanding data-driven businesses.
"The rapid evolution of big data analytics presents new opportunities for our customers and partners," said Bob Fair, co-president and chief marketing officer, Teradata. "The EPIC Award winners in 2015 will be the companies that capitalize on data to achieve breakthroughs that drive measurable business value. Likewise, those organizations that have best leveraged marketing applications for more effective consumer or constituent engagement will be recognized for their achievements."
Winners will be announced at an awards celebration held during the Teradata 2015 PARTNERS Conference and Exposition, the premiere global data conference, October 18-22 in Anaheim, California.
Eligible customers are those businesses or government agencies that have implemented a solution based on any Teradata or Teradata Aster analytic platform, or a Teradata marketing or analytic application. Teradata systems integration consulting partners or independent software vendors that have completed an implementation with a Teradata customer may also be eligible for recognition with the customer. Nominations must ultimately be submitted by a customer either on their own or through the customer jointly with a partner.
The seven EPIC Award categories are listed below, shown with last year's winners:
- Innovation and Leadership. 2014 EPIC Winner: Blake Sanders, VP, Architecture and Data Management, American Cancer Society
- Analytical Excellence. 2014 EPIC Winner: Johnson & Johnson
- Big Data Excellence. 2014 EPIC Winner: Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Customer Insights and Engagement. 2014 EPIC Winner: Procter & Gamble
- Integrated Marketing Management. 2014 EPIC Winner: Dell, Inc.
- Integrated View of the Business. 2014 EPIC Winners: Cisco Systems and Oracle Corporation; Western Refining
- Operational Excellence. 2014 EPIC Winner: Dell, Inc.
The EPIC Awards program recognizes systems integration consulting partners and independent software partners who have made outstanding contributions to Teradata and its customers, and who have demonstrated a proven commitment to driving business success through Teradata platforms. This year's partner award categories, and last year's winners, are:
- Big Data Intelligence. 2014 EPIC Winners: Clarity Solutions Group (SI Consulting Partner) and Hortonworks (ISV Partner)
- Business Insight. 2014 EPIC Winners: Infosemantics (SI Consulting Partner) and Fuzzy Logix (ISV Partner)
- Enterprise Intelligence. 2014 EPIC Winners: Cognizant Technology Solutions (SI Consulting Partner) and SAS (ISV Partner)
- Collaborative Demand. 2014 EPIC Winners: Capgemini (SI Consulting Partner) and Informatica (ISV Partner)
- Partner-Driven Wins. 2014 EPIC Winners: Accenture (SI Consulting Partner) and MicroStrategy (ISV).
Independent judges will evaluate customer nominations and determine winners and finalists based on the implementation's demonstrated strategic importance and impact to the business. Partner winners and finalists are determined by a panel of Teradata judges.
Relevant news links
- Additional information on the EPIC Awards program, including entry forms, past winners and Hall of Fame customers – www.TeradataEpicAwards.com
- News release: Teradata EPIC Awards 2014
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) helps companies get more value from data than any other company. Teradata's leading portfolio of big data analytic solutions, integrated marketing applications, and services can help organizations gain a sustainable competitive advantage with data. Visit teradata.com.
Get to know Teradata:
Teradata, Aster, and the Teradata logo are registered trademarks of Teradata Corporation and/or
its affiliates in the U.S. and worldwide.