RANCHO PALOS VERDES, Calif., Sept. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Terranea, Southern California' premier oceanfront luxury resort is hosting its seventh annual Terranea Turns Pink initiative taking place from October 1 – 31, 2021. Throughout October, a portion of proceeds from offerings including select spa treatments, adventure activities, ONEHOPE Wine Rosé, pink desserts, and more, will benefit breast cancer organizations Cancer Support Community Redondo Beach and Play for P.I.N.K.
"This October, we are delighted to present our seventh annual Terranea Turns Pink celebration," says Agnelo Fernandes, Chief Strategy Officer and Executive Vice President at Terranea Resort. "This month-long philanthropic campaign not only advocates for breast cancer support and research, but also invites our guests and local community to participate in our efforts through a variety of offerings throughout the resort. From spa treatments to specialty menu items – join us this October for an extraordinary experience during Breast Cancer Awareness Month."
In support of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, guests can enjoy specialty offerings throughout the resort, including:
- STAY – Terranea welcomes guests to generously support its fundraising efforts, with an accessible option upon booking to donate to Cancer Support Community (minimum $10) throughout the month of October. *Terranea will match each donation.
- DINE – From savory to sweet, the culinary team has created a variety of special Terranea Turns Pink food and beverage offerings – each donating a portion of proceeds to the campaign. Purchase blush-hued and freshly baked treats, including pink macarons, sugar cookies, and cake and meringue pops at sea beans. The Lobby Bar and Terrace is serving up light bites like their pink Ribbon Oyster with Strawberry Rosé Granita. Sip ONEHOPE Wine Rosé at Nelson's, The Lobby Bar and Terrace, catalina kitchen, bashi, and mar'sel.
- RELAX – Relax and rejuvenate at The Spa at Terranea, currently offering limited treatments to resort guests. Experience ultimate tranquility with a 60-minute CBD Massage. Additionally, pick up an informative breast exam card at The Spa, which promotes awareness for preventative measures and early screenings. Find balance with an invigorating Terranea Turns Pink Virtual Sound Bath during the month of October or a 60-minute in-person Seaside Yoga class on Saturday, October 16 at 8am. Guests are encouraged to wear pink attire and kindly contribute a $20 donation. Advance reservation required, please call 310.365.2743 for reservations and additional information.
- PLAY – Enjoy a day filled with a 9-hole round of golf at The Links, on-course contests, beverage offerings, and silent auction items for Birdies for Breast Cancer. Proceeds from the event will directly support Cancer Support Community Redondo Beach, which offers a free comprehensive program of emotional support and education to cancer patients and their loved ones, at any stage of their cancer diagnosis.
- SHOP – During the month of October, shop for a good cause at marea. A percentage of all purchases from My Saint My Hero bracelets and VOYAGE et CIE products will benefit breast cancer support and research.
- ADVENTURE – Aim to try something new and for every Archery activity booked in October, a portion of proceeds will benefit breast cancer support and research. Palos Verdes Archery Lessons will generously match each activity donation. Advanced reservations are required. For more information, please call the Adventure Concierge at 310.265.2861.
*some restrictions apply; excludes groups
About Terranea Resort
Located on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea is the premier oceanfront resort in Southern California with 102 acres of unparalleled Pacific Ocean views. Terranea opened in 2009 and proudly celebrates more than 10 years of service and memorable guest experiences in this scenic Southern California enclave. The resort also offers world-class accommodations that range from hotel suites to bungalows, oceanfront casitas, and luxurious villas. Amenities include The Links at Terranea, a nine-hole, par-3 golf course; award-winning 50,000 sq. ft. oceanfront spa, fitness, and wellness center; four swimming pools and a 140-foot waterslide; marea luxury boutique; 135,000 sq. ft. of meeting space; and nine dining venues showcasing its farm-to-Terranea culinary philosophy utilizing local and seasonal ingredients. Terranea's bountiful land boasts herb and vegetable gardens, lemon groves, bee hives, farm-fresh eggs, a Sea Salt Conservatory, and more. In addition, the resort's team of expert Adventure Concierge members help guests discover and explore Terranea's rich terrain that includes miles of scenic coastal trails, a secluded beach cove, and ocean environments. Fun, enriching programs and activities such as falconry, archery, kayaking, and paddle boarding also abound. Terranea Resort is owned by a joint venture comprised of Lowe and JC Resorts, managed by CoralTree Hospitality Group, and is a member of the American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts program and Virtuoso Travel Network. Since its opening, Terranea Resort has been named one of Travel + Leisure's "500 Best Hotels in the World" and earned a spot on Condé Nast Traveler's "Readers' Choice Awards" and "Gold List." The resort also received the "Best of Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator and has been recognized numerous times on U.S. News & World Report's "Best U.S. Hotels" list. Terranea is designated a Great Place To Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work. To learn more about Terranea's enhanced standards of care Promise, please visit www.terranea.com/promise. For additional information about Terranea Resort, visit www.terranea.com, call 866.261.5873, or follow Terranea on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
SOURCE Terranea Resort