PHILADELPHIA, LONDON and HYDERABAD, India, September 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Recently AppLabs commissioned Forrester Consulting to evaluate software testing trends. To explore these trends, Forrester developed a survey to identify the best practices, understandings, and results from Fortune 500 companies and studied additional relevant Forrsights survey results.
The study published in July 2011 confirmed that test-centric vendors are outperforming tier 1 Indian vendors. The study also yielded the following key findings:
- Those companies that have outsourced testing are seeing impressive results.
- IT spending is coming back, and, therefore, testing engagements will increase.
- A significant percentage of companies don't separate development/programming from testing but believe they should.
- Companies not currently outsourcing will be a potential market for services.
- Agile software development is tied to advanced testing.
"It is great to see Fortune 500 Companies confirm the value they've realized in outsourced testing," said Sashi Reddi, Founder and CEO AppLabs. "Testing-centric vendors like AppLabs have a higher percentage of testing professionals, lower attrition rates, and a greater variety of testing tools and domain experience, and customers today find great value in them."
In the study Forrester makes the following recommendations:
- Develop a testing strategy
- Utilize a testing center of excellence (TCoE)
- Begin testing automation
- Segregate development from testing.
- Don't limit selection to only existing vendors
- Consider testing-only vendors in your RFP
For your copy of the complete report write to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Testing Trends In 2011: Fortune 500 Companies Confirm The Value They've Realized In Outsourced Testing, A commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of AppLabs, July 2011