DALLAS, May 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) Incorporated (NASDAQ: TXN) published its ninth annual Corporate Citizenship Report (CCR) online today, outlining the company's social and environmental performance for 2014.
"Every day, TIers around the world are doing what's right, challenging the impossible, and making our communities stronger," said Rich Templeton, TI Chairman, President and CEO, in the report's opening letter.
Highlights of TI's 2014 performance include:
- Delivered development programs to our early career professionals, leaders and experienced engineers that one-third of our overall workforce attended.
- Assessed the environmental footprint of a TI semiconductor chip, which revealed an annual improvement in energy consumption and operating efficiency of 7 percent or more on average since 2005.
- Implemented 269 energy- and water-efficiency projects, resulting in annualized savings of $10.3 million.
- Assessed 157 suppliers, representing 80 percent of TI's major production spend, on their environmental and social responsibility programs, and found that our supply chain is relatively low risk.
- Contributed more than 93,000 volunteer hours and almost $32 million in philanthropic and employee giving.
"Being a good employer, business partner and corporate citizen is important to TI and all of our stakeholders," said Trisha Cunningham, TI's Chief Citizenship Officer. "The report details how TI is engineering a better tomorrow by engaging people, supporting communities and innovating solutions for our customers and the world."
The complete report addresses six major areas:
- Business practices
- Supply chain
TI developed the report with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines at the Core Level. The GRI is one of the world's most widely used frameworks for sustainability reporting.
In addition to the latest Citizenship Report, TI also provides general information and updates on new citizenship activities on the company's citizenship website and invites feedback through e-mail and social media, such as Twitter and Facebook. Outreach to stakeholders also includes a short video.
About Texas Instruments Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
SOURCE Texas Instruments (TI)