SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RSA Conference -- Thales, leader in information systems and communications security, and Entrust Inc., a pioneer and global leader in public-key infrastructure (PKI) technology, announce a strategic partnership to deliver easy to deploy, high-assurance encryption and key management solutions for customers worldwide, whether they are securing their enterprise or protecting information in the cloud.
Organizations today are demanding robust, high-assurance solutions to ensure the security of their critical information and defend against an evolving threat landscape. To address these challenges, Thales and Entrust have partnered to deliver award-winning, cost-effective solutions to defend against sophisticated online and internal threats, increase efficiency and comply with domestic and international regulations. Boasting an Entrust Ready Designation, Thales offerings are tested and proven to be interoperable with Entrust solutions and will be re-sold by Entrust to complement both its enterprise and managed service offerings.
- The global partnership delivers innovative offerings for PKI, key management and user authentication to help address sophisticated security challenges with solutions that provide multiple safeguards to protect information and identities against new and evolving threats.
- Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) are widely accepted as a best practice for protecting cryptographic keys and for performing encryption and digital signing. Entrust customers will benefit from the availability of Thales nShield HSMs as part of Entrust's managed PKI service package.
- Organizations are increasingly expanding HSM usage with PKIs in response to today's higher assurance requirements and to support newer certificate issuance requirements, for example for device certificates as part of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiatives.
- Thales nShield FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified HSMs deliver the industry's most operationally efficient high assurance key management framework.
- The combined solutions, available from Entrust, are scalable to be delivered on premise, hosted or cloud-based to meet customers' specific business requirements.
Bill Conner, president and CEO, Entrust says:
"Thales is a pioneer in data protection. Its certified HSMs combined with our leading identity-based security solutions, yield a best-in-class solution for securing key assets. This partnership will enable us to provide our customers with industry leading solutions that enable the deployment flexibility for both enterprise and managed or cloud models."
Cindy Provin, president, Thales e-Security Inc. says:
"Having worked with Entrust to deliver market leading, proven solutions to our combined customers for many years, we are excited to extend our collaboration to meet the growing demand for integrated solutions that address evolving security threats and today's changing business needs. With the confidence that our offerings meet Entrust Ready designation requirements, our global relationship is delivering solutions that will undoubtedly exceed our customers' expectations and serve to enable a wide range of business initiatives including mobility and cloud computing."
- Entrust Partner page on Thales site
- Thales partner page on Entrust site
- Thales e-Security: http://www.thales-esecurity.com
- Entrust: http://www.entrust.com
About Entrust Inc.
Entrust provides identity-based security solutions that empower enterprises, consumers, citizens and websites in more than 5,000 organizations spanning 85 countries. Entrust's identity-based approach offers the right balance between affordability, expertise and service. With more than 125 patents granted and pending, these world-class solutions include strong authentication, physical and logical access, credentialing, mobile security, fraud detection, digital certificates, SSL and PKI.
About Thales e-Security
Thales e-Security is a leading global provider of data encryption and cyber security solutions to the financial services, high technology, manufacturing, government and technology sectors. With a 40-year track record of protecting corporate and government information, Thales solutions are used by four of the five largest energy and aerospace companies, 22 NATO countries, and secure more than 80 percent of worldwide payment transactions. Thales e-Security has offices in Australia, France, Hong Kong, Norway, United States and the United Kingdom. www.thales-esecurity.com
Thales is a global technology leader for the defence & security and the aerospace & transport markets. In 2011 the company generated revenues of €13 billion with 67,000 employees in 56 countries. With its 22,500 engineers and researchers, Thales has a unique capability to design, develop and deploy equipment, systems and services that meet the most complex security requirements. Thales has an exceptional international footprint, with operations around the world working with customers and local partners. www.thalesgroup.com
SOURCE Entrust Inc.