DUBLIN, March 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2kf86s/the_5g_wireless) has announced the addition of SNS Research's new report "The 5G Wireless Ecosystem: 2016 - 2030 - Technologies, Applications, Verticals, Strategies & Forecasts" to their offering.
While LTE and LTE-Advanced deployments are still underway, mobile operators and vendors have already embarked on R&D initiatives to develop so-called 5G technology, with a vision of commercialization by 2020. 5G is essentially a revolutionary paradigm shift in wireless networking to support the throughput, latency and scalability requirements of future use cases such as extreme bandwidth augmented reality applications and connectivity management for Billions of M2M (Machine to Machine) devices.
Although 5G is yet to be standardized, vendors are aggressively investing in 5G development efforts with a principal focus on new air interface transmission schemes, higher frequency bands and advanced antenna technologies such as Massive MIMO and beam-forming.
With large scale commercial deployments expected to begin in 2020, the report estimates that 5G networks will generate nearly $250 Billion in annual service revenue by 2025.
Key Questions Answered
- How much will vendors and operators invest in 5G R&D commitments?
- What will be the number of 5G subscriptions in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What will be the key applications of 5G networks?
- What trends, challenges and barriers will influence the development and adoption of 5G?
- Which regions and countries will be the first to adopt 5G?
- Will 5G networks utilize new spectrum bands?
- Who are the key 5G vendors and what are their strategies?
- Will 5G networks rely on a C-RAN architecture?
- What are the prospects of millimeter wave technology for 5G radio access networking?
- What will be the impact of 5G on the M2M and IoT ecosystem?
- Will drone and satellite based communication platforms play a wider role in 5G networks?
Key Topics Covered:
2: The Evolving 5G Ecosystem
3: Enabling Technologies for 5G
4: 5G Investments & Future Forecast
5: Mobile Operator Commitments & 5G Spectrum Assessment
6: 5G Standardization & Research Initiatives
7: Vendor Demonstrations, Commitments & Strategies
- 3GPP (Third Generation Partnership Project)
- 5G Americas
- 5G Forum, South Korea
- 5G Lab (TU Dresden)
- 5G PPP (5G Infrastructure Public Private Partnership)
- 5GIC (5G Innovation Center, University of Surrey)
- 5GMF (Fifth Generation Mobile Communications Promotion Forum, Japan)
- Alpental Technologies
- América Móvil
- Fraunhofer FOKUS
- Fraunhofer HHI
- Future Forum, China
- Hiroshima University
- (100+ More)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2kf86s/the_5g_wireless
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets