SAN FRANCISCO and ALEXANDRIA, Va., Oct. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Liver Meeting® is the premier Annual Meeting in the science and practice of hepatology, including the latest findings on new drugs, novel treatments, and the results from pilot and multicenter studies.
Approximately 10 percent of Americans have some form of liver disease, but fortunately, the research community has made great strides in recent years in developing new treatments for patients.
At this year's meeting, 2299 abstracts addressing these issues will be presented, including 264 abstracts that will be presented in oral sessions. Those abstracts are available to members of the press at our website (www.aasld.org).
San Francisco, CA: November 13 – 17, 2015
- Poster Presentations: November 14 – 17
- Oral Presentations: November 15 – 17
An AASLD President's press conference highlighting key abstracts and issues presented at The Liver Meeting® is scheduled for Saturday, November 14 at 4:00 pm.
This year's meeting features expanded Special Interest Group programming, which will be open to press registrants and will focus on highly specialized topics within hepatology.
In addition to offering three full days of Basic Science programming, The Liver Meeting® offers a wide variety of clinical programming, including the following programs focusing on the latest in viral hepatitis and NASH treatment:
- The HCV Symposium will provide a state-of-the-art update on the more challenging HCV-infected patient populations with an emphasis on clinical knowledge and practical tips on management techniques using the expanding array of treatment options.
- The Hepatitis Debrief will offer a synthesis of new data on the treatment of viral hepatitis presented at The Liver Meeting®.
- Chronic Hepatitis B in Children and Adults
- Global Challenges and Advances in Hepatitis C Treatment
- Treating the Cause: Changes in Lifestyle in Alcoholic and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Moving Toward Elimination of Hepatitis B and C Through Global Target Setting and National Program Implementation
Founded in 1950, AASLD is the leading organization of scientists and healthcare professionals committed to preventing and curing liver disease. AASLD has grown into an international society responsible for all aspects of hepatology, and our annual meeting attracts more than 9,500 physicians, surgeons, researchers, and allied health professionals from around the world.
Please contact AASLD at 703-299-9766 for information about the above presentations, or to receive any additional information about The Liver Meeting® – or visit our website at www.aasld.org.
"This release was issued through The Xpress Press News Service, merging e-mail and satellite distribution technologies to reach business analysts and media outlets worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.XpressPress.com.
SOURCE American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD)