PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 26, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Law Institute (ALI) today announced the formation of the Special Committee on ALI's 100th Anniversary. The Institute will celebrate this milestone anniversary in 2023.
The newly assembled committee, chaired by ALI President Roberta Cooper Ramo and ALI President Designate David F. Levi, will determine how ALI will celebrate its 100 year milestone by looking back to the founding of the Institute and its impact on the U.S. legal system and international law, and also looking forward to its next 100 years.
In an announcement issued by the Institute, President Ramo and President Designate Levi said, "Since its founding in 1923, The American Law Institute has been the leading independent organization with the mission of clarifying, modernizing, and improving the law. We are filled with admiration for what the Institute has already accomplished and appreciation for our dedicated membership and project participants as we look toward our next century of service with a continued passion to carry on the Institute's work as it was intended by our founders."
The Special Committee on ALI's 100th Anniversary comprises committed members of the Institute, including members of ALI's Council. The committee members are:
- David F. Levi, ALI President Designate, Duke University School of Law
- Roberta Cooper Ramo, ALI President, Modrall Sperling
- Geoffrey C. Hazard, Jr., University of California Hastings College of the Law
(ALI Director 1984-1999)
- Lance Liebman, Columbia Law School
(ALI Director 1999-2014)
- Roswell B. Perkins, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
(ALI President 1980-1993)
- Michael Traynor, Cobalt LLP
(ALI President 2000-2008)
- Sheila L. Birnbaum, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- José A. Cabranes, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Elizabeth J. Cabraser, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
- Gerhard Casper, Stanford University
- Ivan K. Fong, 3M Co.
- Kenneth C. Frazier, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Wallace B. Jefferson, Alexander Dubose Jefferson & Townsend LLP
- Larry Kramer, William & Flora Hewlett Foundation
- Carolyn B. Kuhl, Superior Court of California County of Los Angeles
- William F. Lee, WilmerHale
- Martin Lipton, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Margaret H. Marshall, Choate, Hall & Stewart
(ALI Treasurer 2013-2014)
- William H. Pryor Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Larry W. Sonsini, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Geoffrey Stone, University of Chicago Law School
- Kathleen M. Sullivan, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Seth P. Waxman, WilmerHale
- Diane P. Wood, U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Richard L. Revesz, ALI Director, New York University School of Law
- Stephanie A. Middleton, ALI Deputy Director
About The American Law Institute
The American Law Institute is the leading independent organization in the United States producing scholarly work to clarify, modernize, and improve the law. The ALI drafts, discusses, revises, and publishes Restatements of the Law, Model Codes, and Principles of Law that are enormously influential in the courts and legislatures, as well as in legal scholarship and education.
By participating in the Institute's work, its distinguished members have the opportunity to influence the development of the law in both existing and emerging areas, to work with other eminent lawyers, judges, and academics, to give back to a profession to which they are deeply dedicated, and to contribute to the public good.
For more information about The American Law Institute, visit www.ali.org.
CONTACT: Jennifer Morinigo, 1-215-243-1655, email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-american-law-institute-announces-100th-anniversary-committee-300397525.html
SOURCE The American Law Institute