NEW YORK, Aug. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Margery Arent Safir, founder and President of the Arts Arena, has announced that the Board of the Arts Arena has elected Vin Cipolla as its Chairman for another term.
Mr. Cipolla is the former President of the Municipal Art Society of New York, the former Citizen Chairman and President of the National Park Foundation, and the former Chairman and President of the Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston. He has also been the Executive Director of the capital campaign for the redevelopment of David Geffen Hall at Lincoln Center.
It is also announced that Cantwell Faulkner Muckenfuss III has been elected Secretary, and Dr. Andrea Leskes, Treasurer, for second terms.
Mr. Muckenfuss is a retired partner of Gibson Dunn and a partner of Vista Capital Advisors. He is Chairman of City First Bank of D.C., and a visiting lecturer at the Yale Law School.
Dr. Leskes served as President of the Institute for American Universities in France, and Interim President of The American University of Paris.
Also announced as directors:
- Shaika Paula Al-Sabah of Kuwait – Art collector and philanthropist
- James Conlon – Award-winning conductor of opera and symphony; Music Director of the Los Angeles Opera, Principal Conductor of Italy's RAI National Symphony Orchestra, and former Principal Conductor of the Paris National Opera
- Dr. Stephen K. Scher – Collector and art historian
- Robert Storr – Artist, curator, author, former Senior Curator at MoMA, Commissioner of the Venice Biennale (2007), and Stavros Niarchos Foundation Dean of the Yale School of Art
Announced as New Members of the Arts Arena Advisory Council:
- Rufus Wainwright – Award-winning singer and songwriter, considered one of the leading musical artists of his generation
- Manuela V. Hoelterhoff –Pulitzer Prize-winning cultural journalist and former Executive Editor of Muse, Bloomberg's arts and culture section
- Jonathan Hollander – Founder and Artistic Director of Battery Dance Company and Battery Dance Festival, and Co-Founder of the Indo-American Arts Council
About the Arts Arena
The Arts Arena, founded in Paris in 2007, (www.artsarena.org) is an international multidisciplinary non-profit initiative for the visual, literary, and performing arts, film, and issues of culture and society.
SOURCE The Arts Arena