LOS ANGELES, Aug. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- TuneWiki, makers of the award-winning social music player, today announced Lyric Legend: a free-to-download mobile game that brings music discovery and interaction to a whole new level. Lyric Legend focuses on the most relatable element of songwriting – lyrics – letting players interact with the words to their favorite songs and discover the lyrics that might have left them wondering. As players progress to more advanced levels of game play, they test their knowledge of the lyrics and game skills.
"In Lyric Legend, music fans can learn the lyrics and play along to a collection of the biggest artists in the world," said Wade Metzler, head of music affairs for TuneWiki. "We wanted fans to have classic hits, today's best music and the opportunity to discover new artists, so we built a library that crosses over almost every contemporary genre. Through our partnerships with music labels and artists, we'll continue to add even more great songs for our fans."
- ROCK OUT:
- Lyric Legend comes preloaded with three free songs from some of the hottest artists in today's music scene: The All-American Rejects, Metric and Vampire Weekend.
- The Lyric Legend set list has something for every music and gaming fan. The music library has more than 70 songs from the world's most popular artists including Coldplay, The Jackson 5, Kanye West, Miley Cyrus, No Doubt, Owl City, Queen, Rihanna, Taio Cruz and more.
- Fans can download songs in two pack bundles for only 99 cents and new, chart-topping hits will be added regularly.
- The game is fun, easy to understand, and exciting to play - choose a song, hit the orbs in time with the lyrics, and learn what your favorite artists have been singing all along.
- Lyric Legend is available as a download through iTunes for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. The game can be found today in the iTunes store and a tutorial can be found in the game or at LyricLegend.com.
- Five levels of difficulty let you jump in at your own comfort level with enough room to grow as you master the lyrics. Start off in beginner mode to get the hang of things, and then speed it up with more orbs and fewer hints to prove you've reached expert status.
- You can compete alone or with up to four friends using Bluetooth Mulitplayer Mode. And, to amp up the fun, challenge high scores through Facebook, Twitter or email and see how you rank against other players around the world, across the country or locally in your city or state.
"More consumers than ever have smart phones – combine this with changes in music consumption and it's clear that listeners today demand more than passive streaming for their money," says J. Gerry Purdy, Ph.D., principal analyst with MobileTrax. "Even as sales of digital music wane, mobile games are taking off like wildfire showing that the future of music is engagement. Lyric Legend is taking advantage of this trend by integrating music listening, lyrics and game play – which translates into a win for the consumer, the mobile provider, the artist and every other player in the market."
"No matter where you live in the world, TuneWiki is all about expanding people's experience with music. Our community already uses our social music player to help them understand what artists are really singing about in their songs, in any language, and Lyric Legend extends that philosophy," said Rani Cohen, CEO of TuneWiki. "Lyric Legend is a social and engaging way to play along with lyrics from the most diverse collection of music ever found in a game – it's a blast to play and can be enjoyed by everyone."
TuneWiki is an award-winning social music player that provides timed, subtitled lyrics. With the largest legally-licensed lyrics database in the world, TuneWiki wants to change the mobile music experience. The technology behind TuneWiki combines subtitled lyrics with music and music videos. Lyrics are translated into more than 40 languages making TuneWiki the global lyrics resource for music-lovers. TuneWiki also makes music social – with community wiki-features for lyric and translation updates, real-time mapping and geographical charting of music listening habits around the globe and a fan community. TuneWiki allows you to interact deeply with the songs you love and learn about what others love as well. Founded in 2007, the company has offices in Los Angeles, the British Virgin Islands, Bellbrook, Ohio and Tel Aviv, Israel. To learn more, visit www.tunewiki.com or www.lyriclegend.com.