NEW YORK, June 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Synopsis
Timetric's 'The Cards and Payments Industry in France: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in France's cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including check payments, credit transfers, direct debits, payment cards and cash transactions during the review period (2011–2015).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, and transaction values and volumes during the review period and over the forecast period (2016–2020). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together Timetric's research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies, recent changes in regulatory structure, card fraud statistics and profiles of card issuers operating in the country.
Timetric's 'The Cards and Payments Industry in France: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into France's cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each market in France's cards and payments industry, including debit card, credit and charge cards. It also includes detailed analysis of the prepaid card market.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, cash transactions, checks, direct debits and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and online payment types.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing France's cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards.
- The competitive landscape of France's cards and payments industry.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of France's cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for France's cards and payments industry for 2015, and forecast figures to 2020.
- It details the different demographic, economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting France's cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
- It profiles major banks in France's cards and payments industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to France's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in France's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in France's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in France.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing France's cards and payments industry.
- The French payment cards market has seen the uptake of contactless technology. According to the French Association of Contactless Mobile (AFSCM), the number of contactless transactions increased rapidly to reach 40.0 million in March 2016 – an increase of 17.3% over February 2016. The contactless card payments registered a staggering year-on-year growth of 171% in March 2016. In this regard, banks and telecom operators are launching contactless mobile payment (m-payment) services. One of the latest of these is the Crédit Mutuel-CIC app introduced by Crédit Mutuel in partnership with the m-payment solution provider Airtag in November 2015. Similarly, BNP Paribas expanded its KIX contactless payments service in April 2014, allowing its customers to make contactless payments for purchases of up to US$333.2 (EUR300) with a monthly ceiling of US$1,666.1 (EUR1,500). However, users must enter their PIN for payments over US$22.2 (EUR20). These moves are anticipated to further increase contactless transactions in France.
- To increase the uptake of mobile POS (mPOS) among small merchants, solution providers are offering terminals at lower costs. According to a 2014 study by Visa Europe, there were 730,000 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the country who are equipped with smartphones but who do not accept card payments. Therefore, POS terminal manufacturers are introducing low-cost terminals to increase merchant adoption. For example, iZettle launched a card reader exclusively for small merchants in May 2015, allowing them to accept m-payments by simply connecting the reader to a smartphone. Similarly, Payleven and SumUp offer low-cost card readers for small merchants. The introduction of low-cost solutions is anticipated to encourage merchants to accept card-based payments, further driving payment card transaction volumes and values.
- Despite the availability of secure online payment solutions Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code, online card fraud grew during the review period (2011–2015). Card-not-present fraud accounted for 66.0%, the highest share of the total fraud registered in 2015. To curb this, banks in France are experimenting with new a technology called 'motion code' solution, under which the three-digit security (CVV) code on the back of the card is replaced with a mini-screen which displays a code that changes automatically at regular intervals. The project was undertaken by BPCE and BNP Paribas in partnership with Oberthur Technologies, and is presently under pilot. The two banks are planning to roll out the solution over the course of 2016. This additional security is anticipated to reduce the probability of cards being used for fraudulent transactions online.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03630213-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-cards-and-payments-industry-in-france-emerging-trends-and-opportunities-to-2020-300285367.html