The Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors Foundation Announces New Board of Directors
$1.4 million in grants awarded to diverse student filmmakers
Jun 29, 2015, 07:01 ET
LOS ANGELES, June 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors Foundation announced its new Board of Directors and a milestone $1.4 million awarded through its national Student Grant Program. The program combats the lack of diversity in content and creatives working in the entertainment industry by helping to launch the careers of student filmmakers from currently underrepresented groups.
"We have reorganized the senior management team and increased the number of vice presidents who are serving specific areas in the scope of our Foundation future," said Fries. "This should prove to engage many new and younger members of our team."
The Caucus Foundation Board of Directors will serve a two-year term that will commence on July 1. The newly elected and re-elected officers follow:
- President and CEO – producer Lee Miller (20 Jerry Lewis MDA telethons);
- Executive Vice Presidents – producers Chuck Fries ("Flowers in the Attic") and Jerry Isenberg ("The Clan of the Cave Bear"), Foundation co-founders;
- First Vice President – Vin Di Bona ("America's Funniest Home Videos"), a Peabody and four-time Emmy-winning producer;
- Vice President of the Caucus Foundation Alumni Network (CFAN) Liaison – producer Syd Vinnedge ("The Price Is Right");
- Vice President Grants and In-kind Awards – director Jake Rademacher ("Brothers At War");
- Vice President Cultural Diversity – producer Gary Grossman ("BBQ with Bobby Flay"), a five-time Primetime Emmy nominee;
- Treasurer – producer Dennis Doty ("The 75th Annual Academy Awards");
- Secretary – producer Michele Nasraway ("AFV");
- The Caucus Chair Ex Officio – Norman S. Powell ("24"), an Emmy-nominated producer.
"I am most proud to have been elected president of The Caucus Foundation," said Miller, whose vast credits include Oscar, Emmy and Tony awards telecasts. "Following in the footsteps of Chuck Fries who has built the foundation from a dream to its current success is an awesome act to follow. I think the Foundation student awards is one of the great accomplishments of The Caucus and my main objective would be to continue the great work."
Producer Randall P. Dark, director John C. Moffitt and producer Frank von Zerneck were named to a newly created Advisory Board. The alumni network welcomed new CFAN President, Karen Pyudik, a 2001 grant recipient, who completed her masters degree at AFI and is a producer at 124th Street Films.
SOURCE The Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors Foundation
Share this article