SAN JOSE, Calif. and MARION, Ind., April 3, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- NQ Mobile, the international brand of NetQin Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ), a leading global provider of consumer-centric mobile Internet services focusing on security and productivity, today announced that The Cellular Connection (TCC) will offer NQ Mobile Security at more than 800 Verizon Premium Wireless Retail locations across the U.S. Rollout of this program will begin with availability at TCC's nearly 300 corporate stores.
TCC is the nation's largest Verizon Premium Wireless Retailer, offering unparalleled customer service and competitive industry pricing. Through partnering with NQ Mobile, TCC will be able to offer Verizon customers best-in-class protection for their Android devices.
Customers will be able to purchase NQ Mobile Security through a retail card solution. In addition to offering a premium retail version of NQ Mobile's Mobile Security, TCC will also offer special savings for customers that purchase additional insurance for their mobile phone.
"As a leading global provider of mobile security solutions, NQ Mobile is pleased to announce with our alliance with TCC," said Omar Khan, Co-Chief Executive Officer, NQ Mobile. "Wireless retailers such as TCC are essential partners in combating mobile malware threats in the U.S. Through informing and educating customers around the clear benefits of NQ Mobile Security, TCC will be able to provide Verizon customers with the best real-time security solution for protecting their important mobile information."
"As the largest Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer in the country, TCC is committed to providing our customers with the best customer service in the industry," said Scott Moorehead, president and CEO, TCC. "We are thrilled to be able to offer our customers the best mobile protection through NQ Mobile Security."
NQ Mobile's flagship application, Mobile Security detects and deletes viruses, malicious URLs, and other threats before a user even knows they exist. NQ Mobile Security improves on earlier versions, which outperformed all competitive mobile security platforms in a West Coast Labs Comparative Test. NQ Mobile Security was also a top performer in effectiveness, with a 99 percent malware detection rate, in research conducted by AV-TEST Institute, a leading international and independent service provider in the fields of IT security and anti-virus research.
With newly enhanced features including GPS-based anti-loss/theft feature, backup and restore tools for contacts, complete privacy protection, traffic monitoring, and more, Verizon customers can enjoy data security on their mobile devices.
NQ Mobile Security features:
- Award-Winning Mobile Security: Fights malware, spyware, phishing, viruses, hacking, and more.
- Privacy Protection: Protects the data stored on your phone, ensuring that your social networking, email, and financial accounts can't be hacked and your personal calls can't be recorded.
- Anti-Theft/Anti-Loss: Remotely locates, locks, or deletes information from a lost or stolen mobile device, and sounds an alarm to help you find it.
- Backup and Restore: Safely and seamlessly stores your contacts so you can easily access them from any Web browser.
- System Optimization: Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Traffic Monitoring: Provides real-time updates on data usage and caps on maximum data usage.
- Anti-eavesdropping protection: With Anti-eavesdropping, users can be sure their calls are not being recorded by third party apps or viruses.
- Financial security protection: When users access financial websites via their system browser or start e-bank/securities apps, NQ Mobile Security V6.0 automatically scans all running apps to determine if any active apps pose a security risk.
- Activation via in app purchase or retail card: Users can upgrade their protection level through either in app purchase or via a retail card upgrade. Purchase our solution for your family members or friends!
About The Cellular Connection TCC is the largest Verizon Premium Wireless Retailer in the U.S. with more than 800 locations across 26 states. Founded in Marion, Ind., in 1991 by Steve and Phyllis Moorehead, TCC owes its success to its ability to hire top-notch professionals who understand the meaning of customer service. To find a TCC location, visit www.ecellularconnection.com.
About NQ Mobile NQ Mobile is the international brand of NetQin Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ), a leading global provider of consumer-centric mobile Internet services focusing on security and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and is now a leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider with nearly 147 million registered user accounts worldwide. As a market leader in mobile security, NQ Mobile's innovation and global significance have been widely recognized through distinctions such as the 2011 Technology Pioneer Award bestowed by the World Economic Forum. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit www.nq.com.
Forward-Looking Statements Statements contained in this press release that state the intentions, hopes, estimates, beliefs, anticipations, expectations or predictions of the future of NetQin Mobile Inc. and its management are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. It is important to note that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in such forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in such forward-looking statements include the inability to predict how many Verizon customers will subscribe for NQ Mobile Security 6.0; our lack of operating history; matters affecting the telecommunications industry generally and changes in laws or regulations affecting our operations. Further information regarding these and other risks is included in our filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent occurring events or circumstances, or changes in its expectations, except as may be required by law.
SOURCE NQ Mobile