- Five different ways to vote: text, online, Facebook, Twitter, or by phone -
- Weekly, one-hour, live semifinal performance shows start on special date and time, Monday, April 2 -
- Top YouTube acts from 'Last Chance Auditions' revealed during the live results show on Tuesday, April 3 -
- Tickets to live shows now available through [email protected] -
TORONTO, March 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - As the 37 semifinalists prepare to take the stage live in front of the nation, Citytv and Canada's Got Talent are calling on the fourth judge - the fans - to help Martin Short, Measha Brueggergosman and Stephan Moccio decide who will ultimately be named the most talented act in Canada.
Fans can vote using five different methods, up to 10 times per platform, to keep their favourite acts in the competition immediately following the first live performance show, airing on a special date and time, Monday, April 2 at 8 p.m. local time. Subsequent live performances will air Sundays at 8 p.m. local time starting April 8, with results shows each Monday at 9 p.m. local time, starting April 9.
All Canada's Got Talent live performance and results shows will take place at Showline Studios, 915 Lake Shore Blvd. East, Toronto, Ontario. Tickets to the shows are available to the general public free of charge on a first come, first served basis. All requests must be sent to [email protected].
There will also be a Rush Line available before the live taping of each show. Approximately 20 minutes before each taping, any unclaimed tickets will be distributed to fans in this line, subject to seating availability. Information about arrival times and additional details will be provided through email upon ticket confirmation.
Media are also invited to attend performance and results show tapings, but must R.S.V.P to secure tickets (please kindly see contact details at the end of this release).
In the live, one-hour performance shows, up to seven acts will take the Canada's Got Talent stage to show the judges, host Dina Pugliese, the studio audience, and all of Canada what makes them arguably the nation's top performer. In the weekly results show, two semifinalists will advance - one selected by the viewers' votes and one selected by the judges. In addition, the highest vote-getter of the Top 20 acts from the YouTube Last Chance Auditions, sponsored by Nissan, plus one act selected by the judges, will be revealed in the first live results show on Tuesday, April 3 at 8 p.m. local time. Public voting will remain open from 9 p.m. ET to 2 a.m. ET following each live performance show.
Viewers are permitted 10 votes per voting period, per platform. The five different ways to vote are:
- Text - text "VOTE" to the short code associated with the act you want to advance. Standard text messaging rates may apply; must be a Rogers customer.
- Online - visit CanadasGotTalent.com to select your favourite acts and click on the "VOTE" button.
- Facebook - on the Canada's Got Talent Facebook page, visit the "Vote Now" tab and click on the "VOTE" button corresponding to your favourite act. A registered Facebook account is required.
- Twitter - register by clicking on the "Vote with Twitter" link found on CanadasGotTalent.com or the Facebook page. Once registered, vote by sending a direct message to @CGTCitytv using the word "VOTE" and the four-digit number assigned to each competitor.
- Phone - dial the toll-free number corresponding to the act you want to advance. Note: busy signals can be expected.
A video highlight clip from the semifinal reveal episode will be available today at noon ET at http://www.rogerstvsales.ca/citytv/canadagottalent/promos/.
Canada's Got Talent is the largest national talent search in Canadian television history and features a colourful array of hopeful stars, including comedians, contortionists, impressionists, jugglers, magicians, ventriloquists, dancers and singers all vying for a chance to perform on national television and win the coveted title.
Citytv™ television stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg offer viewers intensely-local, urban-oriented, culturally-diverse television programming. A distinct alternative to other conventional television stations, Citytv engages its viewers with dynamic on-air personalities and delivers an entertaining mix of news, local-interactive formats such as: Breakfast Television and CityLine; as well as local Canadian and US acquired prime time entertainment programming. Citytv is a part of Rogers Broadcasting Limited, a division of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX: RCI andNYSE: RCI) which is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. For more information on Citytv stations and programming, visit www.citytv.com.