Former State Department & National Security Council members convene on Capitol Hill
WASHINGTON, July 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Middle East Policy Council invites members of the press to an important discussion on Capitol Hill next Tuesday morning at 9:00 a.m. EDT about the conflict in Syria and the impact on its neighbors. The four panelists for this event offer valuable perspective having worked at the highest levels of the U.S. State Department, National Security Council and Council of Europe. Please RSVP for limited space at this event to firstname.lastname@example.org or watch the event live at:
The event details and speaker information are as follows:
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. EDT
Rayburn House Office Building, Room 339
RSVP Acceptances only: (202) 296-6767 or email@example.com
- Steven Simon Executive Director, International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS); Former Senior Director for Middle Eastern and North African Affairs, National Security Council (2011-13).
- Nabeel A. Khoury Senior Fellow for Middle East and National Security, The Chicago Council on Global Affairs; Former Director of the South Asia office of Intelligence and Research, U.S. Department of State (2008-12).
- Mona Yacoubian Senior Adviser, Middle East & Program Director, Pathways to Progress, Stimson Center; Former North Africa Analyst, U.S. Department of State (1990-97).
- Erol A. Cebeci Executive Director, Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research (SETA Foundation); Former Chariman of the Turkish Delegation, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
- Thomas R. Mattair Executive Director, Middle East Policy Council will moderate the event.
An edited video by speaker, including a full transcript will be posted after the event and published in the journal Middle East Policy. For interviews or other content associated with this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT: Rebecca Anderson, 202-296-6767
SOURCE Middle East Policy Council