NEW YORK, Aug. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Deal, a business unit of TheStreet (NASDAQ: TST), today announced the nominees for its 10th Annual Most Admired Corporate Dealmakers (MACD) Awards. The awards ceremony will be held during The Deal Economy Conference on November 30th, 2017 at the JW Marriott Essex House in New York.
Now in their tenth year, the awards recognize the best of the best of corporate development teams. Past winners include the dealmakers from Google, Home Depot, and Under Armour.
"This year's Most Admired Corporate Dealmakers reflect the vision and discipline necessary to execute M&A and other types of deals in an environment characterized by extreme political uncertainty and high valuations," said Ronald Fink, Deputy Managing Editor of The Deal. "Congratulations to all of the nominees!"
The award process starts by scrutinizing the 10 biggest transactions of 2017 in each of nine sectors. The Deal's newsroom then interviews analysts, bankers and other experts to determine the five nominees behind those deals – and others – that are considered the most significant and potentially successful in terms of strategic vision and shareholder returns. Winners are chosen by a panel of top Deal editors, based on a simple majority vote.
The 2017 MACD nominees include the corporate development teams of the following companies:
- Energy: Parsley Energy (PE), Exxon (XOM), Marathon (MRO), ConocoPhillips (COP) and Shell (RDS.A)
- Telecom: T-Mobile (TMUS), Crown Castle (CCI), Verizon (VZ), Liberty Interactive (LVNTA) and Cable One (CABO)
- Media: Sinclair (SBGI), CBS Radio (CBS), Sirius (SIRI), MGM (MGM) and Sprint (S)
- Technology: Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE), Intel (INTC), Cisco (CSCO), Alibaba (BABA) and Arris (ARRS)
- Retail: Staples (SPLS), Walmart (WMT), Walgreens (WBA), Darden (DRI) and Michael Kors (KORS)
- Consumer: Amazon (AMZN), Church & Dwight (CHD), Mondelez (MDLZ), Post (POST) and McCormick (MKC)
- Financial Services: First Horizon (FHN), General Electric (GE), B. Riley Financial (RILY), Emergent Capital (EMGC), and Citigroup (C)
- Healthcare: Becton Dickinson (BDX), Thermo Fisher (TMO), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Fresenius (FMS) and Allergan (AGN)
- Industrials: WestRock (WRK), Atlantia (ATL), Deere (DE), ArcelorMittal (MT), and General Electric (GE)
The winners will be announced on November 30, 2017 at the Most Admired Dealmakers Award ceremony during The Deal Economy Conference at the JW Marriott Essex House in New York. Conference supporters include Ernst & Young, Pepper Hamilton, Latham & Watkins, and Donnelley Financial Solutions.
To learn more about The Deal Economy Conference and to attend, click here.
Contact: To learn more about underwriting opportunities, contact Jonathan McReynolds at 212.321.5259 or jmcreynolds at thedeal.com.
For press passes and other inquiries, contact Jon Kostakopoulos at 212.321.5561 or jon.kostakopoulos at thestreet.com.
About The Deal
The Deal (www.thedeal.com) provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control to institutional investors, private equity, hedge funds and the firms that serve them. The Deal is a business unit of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st), a leading financial news and information provider. Other business units include TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), an unbiased source of business news and market analysis for investors; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.rate-watch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-deal-announces-nominees-for-10th-annual-most-admired-corporate-dealmakers-awards-including-johnson--johnson-amazon-and-general-electric-300502401.html
SOURCE TheStreet, Inc.