NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today The Deal, a business unit of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST), announced the winners of the ninth annual Most Admired Corporate Dealmakers (MACD) Awards, which recognize the best corporate dealmaking teams.
The selection process categorizes nominees by deal size versus industry sector, therefore providing a comprehensive look at successful dealmaking across the economic spectrum. The winners are selected through a closed-panel survey of leading deal practitioners. Only deals that were announced and closed during 2015 are eligible.
"It has been a tremendously challenging year for corporate dealmakers. In an M&A environment that's being shaped by tough regulation and large, highly complex deals, we're pleased to be honoring these teams for their outstanding work on these transactions," said Tara Murphy, Editor-in-Chief of TheStreet, Inc.
The following companies are recognized and honored as winners:
- Manufacturing: Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMT) for the $9 billion cash acquisition of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp
- Retail: The Home Depot, Inc. (HD) for the $1.625 billion acquisition of Interline Brands Inc.
- TMT: Verizon Communications Inc.'s (VZ) purchase of AOL Inc. for $4.4 billion
- Healthcare: Boston Scientific Corporation's (BSX) $1.6 billion purchase of Endo International plc's American Medical Systems' urology portfolio
- Real Estate: General Growth Properties, Inc. (GGP) acquired the famed Crown Building, 730 5th Avenue in New York City for $1.775 billion
- Financial Services: Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. (FFH) for the $1.88 billion acquisition of Brit plc
- Food: Post Holdings, Inc. (POST) for the acquisition of MOM Brands Co. for $1.5 billion
Deals $500M - $999M
- Manufacturing: Dover Corporation (DOV) for buying JK Group SpA and Gala Industries Inc. for $520 million
- Healthcare: Zoetis Inc. (ZTS) acquired Pharmaq Holding AS for $765 million
- Food: Hormel Foods Corporation's (HRL) $775 acquisition of Applegate Farms LLC
- Retail: Coach Inc. (COH) for the $530 million purchase of Stuart Weitzman Holdings LLC
- Technology: Microchip Technology Inc. (MCHP) bought Micrel Inc. for $839 million
Deals $100M - $499M
- Financial: Cathay General Bancorp (CATY) for the $126 acquisition of Asia Bancshares Inc.
- Food: Campbell Soup Company's (CPB) $231 purchase of Garden Fresh Salsa Co. Inc.
- Manufacturing: Honeywell International Inc. (HON) for the $170 acquisition of Signma-Aldrich Laborchemikalien GmbH
- Consumer and Household Goods: Under Armour Inc. (UA) has acquired Endomondo Sports Tracker and MyFitnessPal Inc. for $475 million
- Technology: CyrusOne Inc.'s (CONE) acquisition of Cervalis Holdings LLC for $400 million
- Healthcare: NeoGenomics Laboratories, Inc. (NEO) for the $275 million purchase of Clarient Inc.
Winners will be recognized at an awards luncheon during The Deal's annual forecasting conference, The Deal Economy Event: Predictions & Perspectives for 2017, on December 1, 2016 in New York City.
If you are interested in purchasing tickets to attend the conference, please contact Nicole Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the winners, please read this news article.
About The Deal
The Deal (www.thedeal.com) provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control to institutional investors, private equity, hedge funds and the firms that serve them. The Deal is a business unit of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st), a leading financial news and information provider. Other business units include TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), which is celebrating its 20th year of producing unbiased business news and market analysis; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.rate-watch.com) which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.
CONTACT: Nicole Harris, 212.321.5567, nicole.harris at thestreet.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-deal-announces-winners-of-ninth-annual-most-admired-corporate-dealmakers-awards-300362190.html
SOURCE TheStreet, Inc.