OAKLAND, Calif., Feb. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Next time you visit the freezer aisle, a new, unique, extra thick and creamy dessert will be available courtesy of Edy's Ice Cream, a Nestlé brand. In an innovative move for the brand, known for nearly 90 years as a traditional premium ice cream brand, Edy's announces the national launch of a classic American treat – Frozen Custard.
Frozen Custard, which was historically launched in the Midwest and known for its extra creaminess and thickness, is beginning to grow in popularity outside of its roots. Six flavors of frozen custard will be available nationwide at retailers in February.
The six flavors are representative of the classic flavors and mix-in offerings found in popular frozen custard stands and pay homage to consumer favorites:
- Old Fashioned Vanilla: The simple, sweet vanilla flavor you love from Edy's in our new extra thick, extra creamy frozen custard. It's not plain, it's just plain good!
- Chocolate Malt: Reminiscent of an old-fashioned hand mixed malted milk shake, Chocolate Malt is an extra creamy blend of rich chocolate flavor with just enough malted flavor to make it extra memorable.
- Mint Cookies N' Cream: Our mint frozen custard is blended with crumbles of chocolate cookies for a thick and creamy crunch you'll love.
- Peanut Butter Pie: A rich and creamy blend of sweet cream frozen custard with plenty of chocolate cookie pieces and peanut butter swirls in every bite.
- Salted Caramel Pretzel: A perfect combination of sweet cream frozen custard, chocolaty covered pretzel pieces and a generous swirl of salted caramel.
- Snickerdoodle: Snickerdoodle cookie pieces and cinnamon graham swirls are mixed into vanilla frozen custard creating an extra thick and creamy version of the classic cookie flavor you love.
"Frozen custard is traditionally viewed as a treat that the families would leave their homes to enjoy. We're thrilled to be able to bring this beloved dessert into freezers across the country for families to enjoy in the comfort of their homes," shared Jason Merideth, Edy's Ice Cream Brand Manager. "The innovation that went into creating the perfect experience of classic custard flavors and high quality, wholesome ingredients with no artificial colors or flavors is something our brand is proud to stand by."
Packaging for the new collection was developed in partnership with Sterling Brands. Edy's Frozen Custard will be introduced in 32oz. cartons at a suggested retail price of $4.99-$5.49 in February 2015. For additional information surrounding the launch of Edy's Frozen Custard, visit www.edys.com/FrozenCustardStory.
About Edy's Ice Cream
For more information about Edy's Ice Cream, please visit http://www.facebook.com/edysicecream, http://www.edys.com, or follow us on Pinterest at
Named one of "The World's Most Admired Food Companies" in Fortune magazine for seventeen consecutive years, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. From nutritious meals with LEAN CUISINE® to baking traditions with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®, Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient, and nutritious food and beverage products that make good living possible. That's what "Nestlé. Good Food, Good Life" is all about. Well-known Nestlé USA brands include: NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®, NESTLÉ® NESQUIK®, NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE®, STOUFFER'S®, LEAN CUISINE®, HOT POCKETS® and LEAN POCKETS® brand sandwiches, NESCAFÉ® and NESCAFÉ CLASICO ™, BUITONI®, SKINNY COW®, DREYER'S/EDY'S®, NESTLÉ® CRUNCH®, NESTLÉ® BUTTERFINGER®, WONKA® and DIGIORNO®. Nestlé USA, with 2013 sales of $10 billion, is part of Nestlé S.A. in Vevey, Switzerland — the world's largest food company with a commitment to Nutrition, Health & Wellness — with 2013 sales of $99 billion. For product news and information, visit Nestleusa.com or Facebook.com/NestleUSA. All trademarks are owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A., Vevey, Switzerland.
SOURCE Edy’s Ice Cream