WARRENTON, Va., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fauquier Bankshares, Inc. (Nasdaq: FBSS) - The Fauquier Bank is pleased to announce that they have been awarded LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification by the U.S. Green Building Council for their View Tree Branch, located at 87 West Lee Highway, in Warrenton, VA. LEED is the nation's top program for the design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings.
The Fauquier Bank's View Tree Branch, built in 2009, is a 9,597 square foot facility housing both branch and office operations. Designed and built by PW Campbell Contracting Company of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the building achieved LEED certification for incorporating efficiencies in energy usage including HVAC design, lighting and water, and for the use of sustainable building materials. Green strategies allow LEED certified buildings to save money on operations as well as contribute to a healthier environment for employees and the larger community.
Examples of the specific LEED criteria adopted in The Fauquier Bank's View Tree Branch include:
- Energy efficiency through building design.
- Use of building products that incorporate recycled content.
- Use of low-emission materials including paints, adhesives, sealants, carpets.
- Allowance for the collection and storage of recyclables.
- Installation of low-flow faucets and toilets for water conservation.
- Use of green cleaning products.
- Reduction of electrical usage through the use of motion sensors and timers.
- Installation of ventilation system capable of monitoring indoor air quality.
According to Randy K. Ferrell, President and CEO of The Fauquier Bank, "We recognize the importance of leading by example and demonstrating our commitment to the environment and future generations. We are extremely proud to have earned LEED certification."
Fauquier Bankshares, Inc. and its principal subsidiary, The Fauquier Bank, had combined assets of $601.4 million and total shareholders' equity of $47.7 million at December 31, 2012. The Fauquier Bank is an independent, locally-owned, community bank offering a full range of financial services, including internet banking, commercial, retail, insurance, wealth management, and financial planning services through ten banking offices throughout Fauquier and Prince William Counties in Virginia. Additional information is available at www.fauquierbank.com or by calling: (800) 638-3798.
SOURCE Fauquier Bankshares, Inc.