SAN JOSE, Calif., March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The First Academy (TFA), a Christian college-preparatory school in Central Florida, selected end-to-end networking solutions from Extreme Networks (Nasdaq: EXTR), a leading provider of high performance network solutions, to help with its goal of earning an Apple Distinguished School (ADS) title and to handle a rapidly expanding mobile environment fueled by the school's one-to-one iPad program and BYOD initiative.
With over 1,200 students from K4 through 12th grade, cost, reliability, consistency, interoperability and ease-of management were all concerns and at the top-of-the-mind of the IT personnel at TFA. As TFA prepared to double wireless usage among its users, their biggest concern was the ability to securely onboard, prioritize, limit and even restrict network access for devices that were not in compliance with their school policies, especially given the variety of wireless devices in its classrooms and that are now part of its BYOD initiative.
- The Extreme OneFabric Connect is able to connect TFA's mobile management solution, Casper, to the Extreme Mobile IAM solution, allowing TFA to set policies and check devices against its database each time a device seeks access to the network. If the criteria set by TFA are not fulfilled, the device is redirected and cannot gain access to the Wi-Fi network until they have been met. Extreme's networking solution keeps the mobile device connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Extreme's IdentiFi Wireless solution has enabled TFA to provide reliable, secure wireless coverage for 1,200 students across a 100,000 square foot campus. With Extreme's products, TFA is now able to support BYOD and one-on-one initiatives while increasing the control and productivity of their one network manager with a complete solution.
- The OneFabric architecture has brought the entire network into one unified view, reducing network complexity and allowing TFA to simplify its network by making all their networking and computer equipment work together. With less time spent managing the network and problem solving, TFA's IT personnel have seen significant productivity increases.
Corey Radford, Systems Administrator, The First Academy
"Prior to the Extreme implementation, we had no way to assess device status and enforce compliance with our policies. Now if a valid profile is not installed, the device cannot use the network and I can finally sleep at night without having to worry about rogue devices threatening the security of our network. I have been working in IT for a long time and have never seen this level of control. Extreme's networking solution is literally so simple that I can just click and deny a device from granting access until it is in full compliance."
Bob Nilsson, Director of Vertical Solutions, Extreme Networks
"One of the main reasons TFA chose Extreme was because our products were able to interoperate with the school's other vendor products seamlessly. In just four months, the school went from servicing a couple hundred wireless devices to more than doubling TFA's service to 800 to 1,000 devices without increasing IT incidents but rather decreasing them. Extreme has provided TFA peace of mind. TFA now feels comfortable that its network is secure when students' access the Internet and that its network is protected from potential damaging devices."
- Extreme K-12 Solutions Webpage
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About The First Academy The First Academy is a Christ-centered college-preparatory school serving over 1,100 Central Florida students attending K4 through 12th grade. Since its opening in 1987, TFA has continued to grow the academic, fine arts, and athletic programs that have elevated its students to the highest levels of achievement and helped develop strength of character that leads young men and women to serve others in their own community and across the globe.
About Extreme Networks Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) is setting a new standard for superior customer experience by delivering network-powered innovation and market leading service and support. The company delivers high-performance switching and routing products for data center and core-to-edge networks, wired/wireless LAN access, and unified network management and control. Our award-winning solutions include software-defined networking (SDN), cloud and high-density Wi-Fi, BYOD and enterprise mobility, identity access management and security. Extreme Networks is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has more than 12,000 customers in over 80 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com.
Extreme Networks, the Extreme Networks logo, and Purview are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to features, performance, and benefits of Extreme Networks products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors which could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks which are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov.
Gregory Cross Extreme Networks Public Relations 1 408 579 3483 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Grabowski Racepoint Global 1 617 624 3231 ExtremeUS@racepointglobal.com
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.