LONDON, Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Producers are investing in shelf-stable iterations of non-artificial, color-rich ingredients to boost the visual, and implied, nutritional appeal of their products. Even using natural-sounding colors aligns with wider consumer concerns; the food and drink industry is taking note of this with innovation reflecting the novel appeal and greater versatility of natural color solutions.
- Color is the primary indicator of food and drink quality, taste, and ultimately likelihood of trial and acceptance. It is well-documented that we "eat with our eyes," before we ever smell or taste, yet a wider shift in market focus means that food and drink colors are at the fore of product innovation and consumer interest more than ever.
- Color can influence perceived taste experiences, and also has a pre-emptive influence on appeal. Given the shift towards clear packaging, product color has never been so important.
- High focus on what makes up food and drink also comes at a time when positive sentiment towards "genetically modified" products is declining. While not an intrinsic indicator of attitudes towards artificial colors or ingredients, that sentiment towards GMOs has fallen so severely over a two-year period indicates a wider market distrust of non-natural produce.
Canadean's Food and Drink Color Report outlines the key issues and opportunities facing color in the food and drinks space, moving beyond producer actions and commitments to understand the consumer behaviors that are driving the change.
Your key questions answered:
- Just how important is food and drink color to consumers?
- How do attitudes to color change among frequent consumers of processed foods?
- What is the rainbow diet, and what does it imply for consumer behaviors and my industry?
- How can I capture interest in "natural" products, while maintaining my colorful food and drink proposition?
Reasons To Buy
- Use proprietary consumer data to understand attitudes towards food and drink color.
- Compare the health and psychophysiological associations of prominent colored ingredients, by hue.
- See the actions that major brands are taking to get ahead of the shifting market attitude towards artificial and natural color.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3398337/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers